Should I get the Shecter Hellraiser 7string or the Shecter Jeff Loomis 7 string? Don't try and discourage the 7 string because I'm getting one of those. Also the price is a big factor for me
Last edited by pedroskins at Sep 3, 2009,
whats the difference between the 2?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
One's a signature.

I'd say the Hellraiser. I'm against buying signature guitars...... just because... EVEN THOUGH I DO have a sorta signature guitar (Dean DBD T), I was a nub when I bought it. so shhh.
You do know that there are a ton of 7 stringers here right?

I'd go for the Loomis model, simply because the hellraiser looks tacky as hell.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I went for the Schecter Omen personally. Not only is it cheap, but I was able to swap out the bridge p'up for a D-Sonic and the Neck for an Air Norton (Here's lookin at you, Petrucci ) and I still didn't have to pay as much as the Hellraiser, which I think has inferior p'ups anyway.

And Sig models ARE really just an excuse to charge more. (In most cases)
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
Quote by JAustinMunn
I went for the Schecter Omen personally. Not only is it cheap, but I was able to swap out the bridge p'up for a D-Sonic and the Neck for an Air Norton (Here's lookin at you, Petrucci ) and I still didn't have to pay as much as the Hellraiser, which I think has inferior p'ups anyway.

And Sig models ARE really just an excuse to charge more. (In most cases)

Thanks for the advice. I dont' know too much about 7 string pickups so it's hardish for me to choose a guitar