Ok well i have a Vox AD50VT and i'm happy with it, but i find tone wise it's just not that flexible to get the tones i like, i just find it doesn't have a lot of mid,treble and bass flexibility, i recently hooked up my guitar through my dads old peavey PA system and i screwed around with the equalizer and i'm getting the tones i like, now this is a 7 band equalizer, but the problem is i have turn the treble down incredibly low or else it sounds like crap, so what i wanna do is find a good equalizer.
So i need some suggestions on a good equalizer, are equalizers that go in racks better than the pedal ones, because i've looked at the reviews of the pedals and they seem pretty bad compared to racks, just want some opinions... i don't know much about gear and such so be nice...
Rack EQs will typically be quiter but there are alot of good pedal EQs as well. I'd look into a new amp before an EQ though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well the problem is i just don't have the money for a new amp, and when i get one it's gonna be a mesa boogie mark series, i'm definetly set on that... so i'm gonna spend the money on an equalizer at the moment, because i love being able to massive amount of bass etc. just by moving a couple bands.
Quote by maowcat
oh yeah and i'm gonna spend about 200-300 bucks canadian on one...

MXR 10 band is what you want
Quote by Sguit
MXR 10 band is what you want

Yeah that's what everyone says i need to find one to play first, i was hoping someone would mention something else lol.
Quote by maowcat
Yeah that's what everyone says i need to find one to play first, i was hoping someone would mention something else lol.

In pedal form, there really isn't anything much better. Just be sure you get one with a warrantee or try it out to make sure the footswitch is good.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Hmm well i think i'm gonna have to rent one for now, cause every where i've been it's all mxr 10 band, and i just watched a bunch of reviews and it really doesn't sound that good to me... i'm probably gonna go to one of my local music stores and rent one...