anyone buying something (GG&A related) during the Labor day sale?

Guitar Center has an 85% off sale and i cant go
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
85% off you say? I may drop by if I don't have to work. I never find anything I like there though.

EDIT: Woops. Grammar error.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Sep 3, 2009,
85% off!?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
That almost makes me want to hitch a ride the few hundred miles to the nearest one. Do you know if it extends online? I don't really want to pay full price for a RAT
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Eh, I just looked on their website and what's there doesn't look all that appealing. I'll probably stop by during lunch or after school tomorrow and see what they've got since I get paid tomorrow.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

The 85% off isn't a legitimate 85% off. It's off list and everything is usually at least 20-60% off list.

But, I'm going tomorrow or Saturday.
anyone got a list?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by mmolteratx
Eh, I just looked on their website and what's there doesn't look all that appealing.

they didint put the store only deals tho.
feel free to add me
The store only deals and the list are always horrible. And anything that is good get's swept up in the morning.

I think this time is more of an opportunity to just walk in and get 20% off anything lol.
Quote by Alex Vik
85% off? Holy hell! I might be able to get my dad to get me this if it's only $60.

Trust me, it doesn't work like that.

So say strings are $14 LIST, then it would be 85% off that, making something like $2, from the normal price of say, $5. And it's never on guitars. Look, the PRS already is technically 49% off.
Quote by thrasher.
Trust me, it doesn't work like that.

So say strings are $14 LIST, then it would be 85% off that, making something like $2, from the normal price of say, $5. And it's never on guitars. Look, the PRS already is technically 49% off.

So, 85% off the MSRP?
Quote by Alex Vik
So, 85% off the MSRP?

That's what it says on the website.

EDIT: BTW, anyone know if they're opening early?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Alex Vik
So, 85% off the MSRP?

And it most likely won't be on anything over $100, so no guitars, amps, basses etc. they always have that sale.
Quote by mmolteratx

EDIT: BTW, anyone know if they're opening early?

almost every stores during the labor day sale opens early.
and GC says that its a first come first serve basis.
feel free to add me
Guitar Center has a sale for everything, just like a car dealership or furniture store. Don't buy into it.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
almost every stores during the labor day sale opens early.
and GC says that its a first come first serve basis.

Then I might try to go before school if traffic isn't too bad. I'm not gonna get my hopes up though, my local GC has stocked nothing but **** lately. If they have a decent little tube amp for cheap, I might get one though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Ill stop in after work and see whats up.. Usually I try to steal the list for yall but I always get caught

And yea its usually retarded stuff thats on sale like cheap sh!t pedals. Cheap pickups and pretty much stuff I would never buy. But the Planet Waves string deal sort of interests me and I really need some more cables with the new rig so we shall see.
try to stop by after work, we'll see, gotta drive ~15 miles to get to the closest, ugh, don't like the thought of beating 5pm traffic of out the city...

but if they have something like a Pod studio or Blackstar HT5 on sale for cheap (doubtful), I may pick some stuff up.
Quote by mmolteratx
Eh, I just looked on their website and what's there doesn't look all that appealing. I'll probably stop by during lunch or after school tomorrow and see what they've got since I get paid tomorrow.

+1

usually there is fine print describing what they will discount and what they will NOT discount. Most of their sales are bogus honestly

the dudes that I know at my GC would tell me yay or nay on these deals, but I honestly have not seen the ad or your link so I'm providing word to the wise. Generally it is a way to get people into the store.

Otherwise, I'm putting money down on a 6505+ 112 combo. Lay A way Futher Mucker
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by al112987
try to stop by after work, we'll see, gotta drive ~15 miles to get to the closest, ugh, don't like the thought of beating 5pm traffic of out the city...

but if they have something like a Pod studio or Blackstar HT5 on sale for cheap (doubtful), I may pick some stuff up.

Luckily GC's on my way to/from school and work. If they hadn't opened one close to home, I probably wouldn't even bother. I usually drive the extra few miles to get away from it anyways. I'll probably just pick up a bulk pack of strings.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Sale is a total dud everyone.

My friend went and he said the only deal worthwhile was a Hwy 1 Tele for $389, which sold out in the first 30 minutes. I looked at the "list" and it's all junk pretty much at normal price.
Quote by thrasher.
Sale is a total dud everyone.

My friend went and he said the only deal worthwhile was a Hwy 1 Tele for $389, which sold out in the first 30 minutes. I looked at the "list" and it's all junk pretty much at normal price.

Yea, I stopped by this morning and it sucked. They didn't have ****.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup same here, the only thing worth while was a $129 used EHX English Muffin marked down to $50

Complete waste of time as usual..

I'm actually getting completely fed up with GC. I think I'm just gonna stop going period. Their selection is smaller and smaller every time I go there and the prices suck.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

hi um is this for all guitar center shops?
i live in austin tx and i am looking to buy a peavey vypyr 30watt
so i could use all the extra savings i can get

if someone could tell me if its everywhere thanks!
There isn't anything savings on the Peavey Vypyr 30. The Vypyr 60 tube was on sale though.

Oh, and I went today, and oh my god, did they have a few deals, but the condition of the stuff was meh and the majority of anything wasn't on sale.

They had:
Flextone II w/ floorboard for $250
Epiphone Slash Goldtop for $600 (considered it, but the gold flake was like all over the neck and it wasn't built real well)
Jackson DK2M for $300
Gibson SG Standard for $699 (ugly color and wasn't in the best shape either)
Red Epi Prophecy w/ Bare knuckles for $450
I went to the other GC today since my band decided not to practice and could have gotten a good deal on an AC4TV. I was extremely close to buying it but decided not too. Fantastic little amp IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I broke down and went to Guitar Center for the "sale." Hmmm I got...

Six DOZEN Dunlop black nylon 1.0mm picks.. I throw 'em down chicks' shirts
Decent 3 ft speaker cable. Insurance so I don't blow up the $$$$ amp.
20 packs of Ernie Ball orange strings. I hate crusty string.
7 guitar rack stand cause I'm tired of tripping over the A frames or pulling them over with the cord.
a white Coffin Case for my 80's guitar. On sale! $69 !! Will probably look like hell after one gig.

I saw a new Fender Super-Sonic 212 cab with vintage 30's for $350 that seemed like a great deal.... if I needed a 212 cab.

I wanted to buy a Yamaha S90 synthesizer to replace my S80. $1599! Cheapest I've ever seen them is $2000. Only problem was it's still $1600.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
anyone buying something (GG&A related) during the Labor day sale?

Guitar Center has an 85% off sale and i cant go

fret not. we have $100 off $499 or more. $50 off $299 or more etc...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I live in Canada so this thread is irrelevant to me.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.