http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
The 10s are fine.
The 12s will probably have a lot of problems, I recently got some 12s too cause i've been using 11s and sometimes I forget which gauge i'm using and accidently got 12s this time. I had the file down the nut in the low E slot, and I can't even get it to half step down without the bridge raising up.. so i'm stuck in D standard for now
I need to find the right guages for my new 7 string. It's an extended scale so it's gona be different guages than the usual that I would get.
I currently use 10 gauge and I do so to tune to E flat... I could get up to standard but it'll be really tight.... So if I wanted to play in standard I would just use 9 gauges..... The 12's will bust...... So try that at your own risk =)
Ok, I think I will put the standard gauges on my good guitar and the thick gauges on my ****ty guitar.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Okay TS

the thick strings wont snap when you tune up to to standard but it will put a LOT of tension on your neck and can cause it to warp

so get lighter strings for stand nothing higher than 11-52
Quote by A6stringrythm
Okay TS

the thick strings wont snap when you tune up to to standard but it will put a LOT of tension on your neck and can cause it to warp

so get lighter strings for stand nothing higher than 11-52

my first thought was the tension too. I use 12s for C standard, thats two steps down. I cant imagine tuning up to standard with them.
I used 11-48 in E standard, didnt do a thing to my neck.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
I used 11-48 in E standard, didnt do a thing to my neck.

Same, and I'm using a PGM.

Feels great, sounds great.