I have a ibanez Xiphos, and i recently got it in mint condition used, 3 days ago. after setting it up myself to drop C, ive realized that the whammy bar isnt secure at all and when i do big divebombs where i do a fast pullback my whammy arm pops out.

is there any way to make it more secure? and for it to wobble around less for more accesibility?

thanks in advance

~shpunt
My Rig
------------------
Schecter Damien 6 (mod with 81/85 emg)
Ibanez Xiphos
Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 <3
Digitech RP250 (for Sale)
There is a screw underneath that should be able to be tightened with an allen key or screwdriver have a look
GEAR
Guitars: LTD V401DX, USA Jackson King V (pre-fender), Knock off Jackson Kelly
Pick ups: EMGs, Seymour Duncans
Amp: Randall RG100SC w/ matching cab
Boss and Dunlop Electronics
isnt that for adjusting the heightof the whammy bar?
My Rig
------------------
Schecter Damien 6 (mod with 81/85 emg)
Ibanez Xiphos
Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 <3
Digitech RP250 (for Sale)
Maybe, I have an old Ibanez that I barely play but it has that snap in bar feature.
GEAR
Guitars: LTD V401DX, USA Jackson King V (pre-fender), Knock off Jackson Kelly
Pick ups: EMGs, Seymour Duncans
Amp: Randall RG100SC w/ matching cab
Boss and Dunlop Electronics
In my S Prestige, I have a trem arm socket that is attatched to the bridge with a nut. It could be that underneath your axe, you need to do that. Also, if your whammy bar is popping out, the socket might be stripped.

Good News: If the trem post IS detatchable, then it's easy to fix!
Bad News: If it's not detatchable, you need a new bridge.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
go to the ibanez website goto x series click on your guitar which i`m assuming is the xpt700 (edge3 bridge) theres two pics under the banner tremelo at the bottom left of the page click the 1st pick and check that allen key for the arm torque on your guitar.

and while your at the ibanez website get the manual for your guitar, should be under the electric guitars not the prestige.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 4, 2009,