hey guys, this looks like a les paul classic- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKvrwbSC7MM (skip to 0:11) , however,

do u think it's a 1995 premium plus?

if not, i cant seem to find anything about whether the les paul classics that were discontinued months ago ever were made/sold without pickguards...because I guess thats what this would be.

but im not sure so help me out on this one

-drew
There being no pick guard on the guitar means nothing. My LP came with a pick guard and I took it off.

It could just be the slightly grainy video, but it looks older than a '95 to me.
That being said, I have little to no experience identifying years and models of Les Pauls.
looks like a classic to me main reason being it has those green aged inlays. Can't be sure though, resolution of the video is too low, finish looks slightly worn in w/ possible flame top, could be a standard

pickguards don't matter, you can take them off or put one on any les paul. Dunno where you get the idea it's a '95 premium plus, that's an awfully specific guitar to know off the bat, they made premium pluses on several different models for many different years.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by al112987
looks like a classic to me main reason being it has those green aged inlays. Can't be sure though, resolution of the video is too low, finish looks slightly worn in w/ possible flame top, could be a standard

pickguards don't matter, you can take them off or put one on any les paul. Dunno where you get the idea it's a '95 premium plus, that's an awfully specific guitar to know off the bat, they made premium pluses on several different models for many different years.

well it looks a lot like a 95, and imo i wouldnt want to have screw holes showing on my guitar, i have a feeling that that guitarist wouldnt want them showing as well, which leads me to believe that the guitar never had a pickguard, like the 95 plus.
Quote by ipunchcouches
well it looks a lot like a 95, and imo i wouldnt want to have screw holes showing on my guitar, i have a feeling that that guitarist wouldnt want them showing as well, which leads me to believe that the guitar never had a pickguard, like the 95 plus.
you can tell the year just by looking at it?

Just because you think someone might not like screw holes showing doesn't mean that the guitar didn't originally come with a pickguard. A LOT of guitars do not come with pickguards installed, all flame top les paul standards come from the factory without pickguards installed, and they have come this way for many years now.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by al112987
you can tell the year just by looking at it?

Just because you think someone might not like screw holes showing doesn't mean that the guitar didn't originally come with a pickguard. A LOT of guitars do not come with pickguards installed, all flame top les paul standards come from the factory without pickguards installed, and they have come this way for many years now.

geez sorry dude...look at the second pic and tell me wut u think
Looking at the second picture it's either a historic or a classic. Can't really be sure, those inlays are aged, but due to the lighting, it's hard to tell if it's the green inlays on the classic (my bet) or the slightly yellowed inlays on the historics. Some of the historics come w/ slightly more aged inlays than others and some classics come with greener inlays than others. This guitar is in the middle. The video was too low res to really see if it was a figured top or not (not really that important, there were both flame and plain tops for both RIs and classics). At 0:07 in the video, you can clearly see green tinted inlays, but it's unclear which les paul it is because in longer shots the inlays look white. But in the myspace picture, inlays look slightly green.

The guitar body itself does not strike me as one of a classic, Idk why, it just doesn't look like one to me, of course I could be wrong they came out with several different finishes and every top looks different, etc. etc. but in the video the guitar honestly looks more like an older standard or historic to me.