If you got overpaid, what would you do? Would you let your establishment/the payroll know? or would you just not say anything?
im stupid. blahbalhblahblah
let em know and i live in nj too. do you work near asbury park-neptune area.
Carry on
i usually let it go the first few times, but if it keeps happening, let them know, cause they will eventually catch on and ull get in trouble. but once or twice cant hurt.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i usually let it go the first few times, but if it keeps happening, let them know, cause they will eventually catch on and ull get in trouble. but once or twice cant hurt.

This man has mastered beating the system.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

yeah im in central jersey. i got paid monthly so its a pretty big check. i just dont want to get in trouble for it
If I liked my employer, then I'd tell them. If I didn't, then to hell with them. More money for me!
really dude? you must be a terrible employee if you dont think you deserve more money for your precious time away from your guitars and/or special lady, children, friends, etc.
I used to be overpaid for what I did. Not like the 45 million contracts for sports. Thats just dumb.
what kind of sick goody-goody question is this? of course you keep the money.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
After reading the bulk of these responses, as an employer, now I have good reason to be prejudiced against guitarists. Of course now that I said that, all'y'all will now be inclined to lie about that too.

JK, sort of. I'm not really an employer, and I still wouldn't be prejudiced. But if I were in that position I might scrutinize other guitarists a little more.

But seriously, theres only 2 things other people can't take away from you: Your education. And your integrity. If sell your integrity out for a few bucks, then what do you have left?
Not sure about NJ laws, but elsewhere, you can get into legal trouble if they find out about it and you blow it all beforehand.
Quote by jetwash69
But seriously, theres only 2 things other people can't take away from you: Your education. And your integrity. If sell your integrity out for a few bucks, then what do you have left?

...Your education? Seems like a pretty obvious question to me.
Quote by FallenIkaros
Not sure about NJ laws, but elsewhere, you can get into legal trouble if they find out about it and you blow it all beforehand.

yeah thats what im worried about
Quote by Gmp
...Your education? Seems like a pretty obvious question to me.

LOL! And if your education got you to where you thought it would be a good idea to risk your potential for a career over a few bucks, then your education probably isn't worth much either.

Thanks for helping pull the subtlety out of that one, Gmp!
depends on how much and how often they keep fucking up
if its not ALOT and its rare, its their mistake and you didnt even notice...
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
i would probably tell them for fear they would find out later when they did taxes or something like that. otherwise, i would take it.

i was buying books at the campus bookstore yesterday, and i thought the cashier missed one of the books while checking me out. i wasnt sure, but i didnt say anything. when i got home, i had 12 books but 11 on my receipt. it was only a $13 dollar book, but free book is free. considering how badly the school rips me off every year on book buybacks, i dont feel bad about it at all. i actually wish the book cost more.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
This happened to me once. I told the owner and he said to keep the money for being honest. Otherwise, I definitely couldn't have kept it without feeling guilty.
Depends. If it was $20 or something yeah, but if it was more than $100 then I'd tell them. Otherwise it's their mistake and they can pay the price. Except I get paid $100 per job I do (insulation), so it's pretty easy to work out my pay.