So i just bought myself some pawnshop acoustic,
the reason I bought it was the elec. aspect of it.

After bringing it home i realized It was a Self done job,
(some of the hole was cut for the pick Up to fit)

and when I plugged it it in It didn't work,
I managed to Fix it (it was grounded wrong)

and It sounds great.

now here's my question...

Why is it all Acoustic/Elecs I play so quiet and need a preamp?
and why do they always Feedback easily? (especially holding an E or A note)

also, I have no idea the brand of the pickup, It Looks exactly like a telecaster
neck pickup (the super shiny metal covered single coil ones)

which also makes me wonder,

Could you put an electric guitar pickup in an acoustic guitar?
The guitars are naturally quieter than other acoustics because they have a much thinner body. Small body = less room for noise to echo = quieter. The other reason could be that you're playing it like an electric guitar - you simply aren't playing it "hard enough".

They feedback easier than an electric guitar because they are still naturally louder, and can feedback off itself. Keep away from your amp to reduce the feedback.

You can stick electric pickups on an acoustic guitar, but the end result would be that it wouldn't sound like an acoustic guitar, but more like an extremely thin-bodied electric.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
The guitars are naturally quieter than other acoustics because they have a much thinner body. Small body = less room for noise to echo = quieter. The other reason could be that you're playing it like an electric guitar - you simply aren't playing it "hard enough".

They feedback easier than an electric guitar because they are still naturally louder, and can feedback off itself. Keep away from your amp to reduce the feedback.

You can stick electric pickups on an acoustic guitar, but the end result would be that it wouldn't sound like an acoustic guitar, but more like an extremely thin-bodied electric.

Humm now that you mention it,
I was playing softer , because it was night...
But still Had my amp at 12 midnight...

also by any chance you know of any acoustic pickups that look just like the tele neck pick up?
Acoustic pickups come in all shapes and sizes dude - I have no idea what yours could be.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
take a picture. if it's a self done job i guess it really could be a single coil under the strings. i wouldn't see why that wouldn't work. as long as they're steel strings the pickup would be able to work.

would just be the weirdest thing i've seen since that locking nut on that acoustic, for no apparent reason...
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Sep 4, 2009,