Okay so this christmas im in the market for a new amp and its gotta be tube, don't care if it is stack or a combo, and if its stack its gotta be 2 speakers no more cause my parents wont let me have a 4x12 cab in my room as it will blare and they will not allow it. So are there any suggestions for a guy whos going to buy an agile al-3100 white gold depicted here http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100whitegold.html. I need somethign that works with pedals. And is loud enough but not overpowering loud. Mostly bedroom use, i don't want something that breaks up at 1 i need something that i can have a nice clean tone at a good volume. My price range is 500? idk if that'll be enough for what i want.The music i play also is more 90's grunge nirvana and 90's rock music in general and some new age alternative punk maybe even some classic 80s rock some notable bands would be disturbed blink-182 sum41 marylin manson slipknot nirvanaparamore FOB SKSK godsmack chevelle shinedown atreyu just to name a few . Pretty much anything with a good heavy guitar riff.
Last edited by ent1ty at Sep 4, 2009,
Used peavey Classic 30?
Where do you live?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
There's a Marshall JCM combo on your Craigslist for $700 but you could talk him down to $650. If you can stretch your budget, it would be perfect. Search- Marshall JCM 900 on Craigslist.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
There's also a Peavey Classic 20 for $200. Just search- peavey classic. It's used, but it's a good deal. That also leaves you money to buy an overdrive pedal.

Edit- sorry for no links. I'm on my iPod.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Last edited by jc349 at Sep 4, 2009,
Its okay and thanks i was actually reading ona jcm2000 and a 1960 4x12 but this guy was selling with cab for 1100 so thats too mcuh for me. and uhm this guys also selling a marshall avt50h head for 350 is that a good one?
The Classic 20 is a good deal, as is the Jcm combo
The Classic 20 shouldn't be out of your budget.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
I just realized that i want something with two independent Eq's for each channel cause i hate having to tweak my eq on my fender amp right now when i swith into the drive.Valvekings anygood the Vk100 VK212?
Valvekings are pretty good. They sound alot better with new tubes and a new speaker. You could buy the classic 20, and an EQ pedal that you could switch on and off. Another option is a fener twin that's on you craigslist.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
There's an amp called the Bugera V22 that's coming out soon, for really cheap. I'd look into it.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Wow thanks i totally forgot i could get an EQ pedal. Thanks i think i'm going to go with that.
EQ pedals-

MXR 6-band
Danelectro Fish&Chips

If you go for the classic 20, I also suggest you buy an overdrive pedal.
Also, try to play a classic 30 at a local guitar store before getting the Classic 20
Also take a look at the Bugera V22 when it comes out.
Feel free to PM me any further questions.

Edit- the blackheadt handsome devil halfstack is also around $500. Try to go to a guitar store and play a bunch of amps in the 15-30 watt range that you can afford.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Last edited by jc349 at Sep 4, 2009,