maybe 1300...

heres amps what i have found:

peavey classic 30/50
laney lc 50
laney vc30
marshall dsl 401
bogner alchemist (too expensive)
marshall dsl 50 (too expensive)
orange rocker 30 (but it doesnt have an fx loop) i need an effects loop to put my delay and flanger in there)

i want a sound like blink 182. i want to get really close sound, not just something similar... and tom delonge uses 2 vox ac30h2 (handwired ones) for his dirty sound, but he used mesa triple recto earlier...
suggest me a good tube amp!
Quote by scream92
my budget is 1000 $
maybe 1300...

heres amps what i have found:

peavey classic 30/50
laney lc 50
laney vc30
marshall dsl 401
bogner alchemist (too expensive)
marshall dsl 50 (too expensive)
orange rocker 30 (but it doesnt have an fx loop) i need an effects loop to put my delay and flanger in there)

i want a sound like blink 182. i want to get really close sound, not just something similar... and tom delonge uses 2 vox ac30h2 (handwired ones) for his dirty sound, but he used mesa triple recto earlier...
suggest me a good tube amp!

Get the marshall DSL 401.

I have the Marshall DSL 50 and it is so awesome you couldn't believe!!!

I could not recommend it more!

I have tried Line 6, Orange etc but none compare to the DSL!
Apple Macintosh

Fender Stratocaster Highway one HSS USA

Marshall DSL50 British green
hey mate

the boys your listening to are probs using marshalls, jmps, plexies, 800's.

the dsl will just about nail that tone, save up the extra little bit you'll tank me for it
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
I wonder about the Vox AC100CPH Classic Plus 100w Amp Head. It's gone down to like $599 now. Curious if it has a similar sound to an AC30, but more power? Then again it doesn't look like you want a vox, because the AC30 is actually in your price range, so you could go that way.....anyway, I'd buy a used JCM800, but that is just what I'm into at the moment.
blink 182 use a mesa/boogie dual rectifier and a JCM800, the B52 line are good at imitating the boogie sound, or you could get a JCM 800.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

i could go with vox ac30, but tom uses vox ac30h2 the hanwired one, and it costs a lot more...
i can afford vox ac30 custom classic...
but whats the difference between ac30h2 and ac30cc2 ?
Get a used DSL50 and a used cab. Itll fit into your budget
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
ok. but is there any other amp that i should check out?
i want a thick sound, like blink 182... in an interview tom said he mixes amps, earlier he mixed mesa rectifier with marshlal jcm, and now he mixes vox ac30's and fender amps...
but i cant afford 2 amps and i think i dont need to do it...
i just want to use my amps overdrive/distortion and i want it to sound like blink 182, kinda like a thick overdrive sound...
and what about bogner alchemist 112 combo?? it is an american type of amp, does it sound similar to mesa recto?
IMO for pop punk british voiced amps tend to sound better. Marshalls, Vox, Orange etc.
Are you willing to go used?
If you are you can probably get yourself a Marshall JCM well within your budget. A Vox AC30 is within your price range as well I think. Jimmy Eat World use them if you're wondering what kinda sound it is.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

You're getting a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Blink used JCM900s and Mesa Triple Recs. Old Green Day, Rancid, Jawbreaker... those guys all used JCM800s which are great amps but a little bit too vintage voiced for more modern stuff. Paramore uses JCM2000s, All Time Low uses Mesa Dual Recs and Stillettos. There's also a lot of bands using Orange Rockerverbs. A common set up is for either both guitarists to play JCM2000s, or the lead plays an Orange and the rhythm plays a Mesa.

The B52 AT112 is worth looking at. I owned one for a few months and it was awesome. At way under half the price of my Dual Rec, it sounded very similar.
Do you play with a drummer?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by Macintoshmaster
Get the marshall DSL 401.

I have the Marshall DSL 50 and it is so awesome you couldn't believe!!!

I could not recommend it more!

I have tried Line 6 Spider, Orange Crush etc but none compare to the DSL!

those are probably the amps you tried.

i suggest a Vox AC or a JCM 800.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ok. thanks guys. im gonna check out these amps ^... and yes, i play with a drummer...

how does the vox ac30 handwired compare to vox ac30 custom classic?

i will try to get a used mesa single rectifier or maybe marshall jcm2000...
the DSL would probably be your best bet for a pop-punk tone, seeing as lots of the pop punk band's from the late '90s/early '00s used them (Sum 41, Green Day, etc).

Quote by scream92
i could go with vox ac30, but tom uses vox ac30h2 the hanwired one, and it costs a lot more...
i can afford vox ac30 custom classic...
but whats the difference between ac30h2 and ac30cc2 ?
the hype around it.

Quote by cutslikedrugsx
You're getting a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Blink used JCM900s and Mesa Triple Recs. Old Green Day, Rancid, Jawbreaker... those guys all used JCM800s which are great amps but a little bit too vintage voiced for more modern stuff. Paramore uses JCM2000s, All Time Low uses Mesa Dual Recs and Stillettos. There's also a lot of bands using Orange Rockerverbs. A common set up is for either both guitarists to play JCM2000s, or the lead plays an Orange and the rhythm plays a Mesa.

The B52 AT112 is worth looking at. I owned one for a few months and it was awesome. At way under half the price of my Dual Rec, it sounded very similar.
Actually, Billy Joe didn't use an 800. he used a Plexi for the studio, but a newer marshall live.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 7, 2009,
The JCM2000 is allright, but if you can get a used JCM800 / 900 then you'd be much better off. They should be well within your budget as well. Not sure how the handwired compares 'cos I've never actually heard it just know Tom is using them now. A Mesa should work well too.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by scream92
ok. thanks guys. im gonna check out these amps ^... and yes, i play with a drummer...

how does the vox ac30 handwired compare to vox ac30 custom classic?

i will try to get a used mesa single rectifier or maybe marshall jcm2000...

Stop with the Vox.
From the music you like, you should get the DSL.
The Orange Rocker 30 is probably just as good as the DSL. If you want an effects loop so badly, get someone to mod one in for you.

The AC30 really isn't the best for modern pop-punk.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO