ghey guys i dont know know about you guys, but im sick of snapping strings when i tune down. i think i need different gage strings, so can anyone point me in the right direction??
thanks
Wait, strings snapping when you tune down? That doesn't make sense...how would a decrease in string tension cause it to snap? Have sharp edges in your nut or bridge or something?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by joshmetalmaniac
sorry, i meant when i tune back up again

I was thinking "wtf" too :/

Every guitarist knows the world's scariest thing is tuning your acoustic that you haven't touched in 5 months. Especially mine, it sounds like Hiroshima when it snaps.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Maybe your strings just need to be changed
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
What tuning do you play in? And you shouldn't change tuning too often.
WTLTL 2011
Is it only one string? Does it break in the same spot? What kind of bridge?
what gauge strings are u currently using. maybe just moving up a step in the thickness u use mite help. i used to use 9's but had a similar problem i now use 10's and i still happens occasionally but not as often
A good quality nut, tuners and bridge is also key. My schecter C1 classic hasn't broken a string....ever. I change them every 3 months for sound reasons.
WTLTL 2011
I was constantly snapping my A string on my Schecter. I replaced the bridge saddles with Graphtech saddles.

/breakage.
its only ever my high e string, i think its the nut, it doesnt sit properly now ive given it a close look,
BC Rich Warlock Revenge - does anyone else have this problem ???