I live in Canada and ive been looking into a new amp, im currently running a 10watt traynor SS (obv) and it isnt so bad, but id like something better as it crackles sometimes.

I was looking into a peavey vypyr 30, but after trying it out at the store I realized its just way too loud for me, I woudlnt ever turn the volume knob past 1.5, I like the sound I get from having the guitars volume knob cranked when playing with high gain. Ive really just started playing, and I do not think ill ever be gigging or anything for a long long time. So the next step down is the vypyr 15, but the thing is I really DONT need all the stupid effects and **** it comes with, in the store I only liked the 6505 and the clean settings, so in an amp all I really need is some sort of gain and a nice clean (even on my traynor I get acceptable sounding "distortion" with the gain cranked).

So with all the rage about tube amps, the fact that I dont need a 15+watt amp, and the fact that I dont need a million stupid effects that ill never use, I have been thinking about the tiny terror.

Id like to get a new guitar in the near future (christmas) and when I do its going to be a fairly nice one and id like to be able to get the true tone out of the guitar and its pickups, im talking an ibanez s prestige or a jackson dinky or soloist (i love the feel of both these guitars that ive tried). So I need a new amp before hand, it is a must and im sure most of you would agree.

The thing is, im not sure where I can even get a tiny terror.. none of the stores I know of in toronto seem to carry any orange products

edit::

or I guess could anyone reccomend any other low wattage tube amps?

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Last edited by glenthemann at Sep 4, 2009,
Blackstar HT-5, combo or stack. Nice little 5w tube amp, though I'm not sure about canada sales, I would imagine so.
yea the amps are the most important part of your tone other than your fingures.
cant help you with where to get a tiny terror
ht-5 that things is amazing for what you are talking about
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by joey arce
ht-5 that things is amazing for what you are talking about

yeah I just looked on their website, it is 100% exactly what I need. The thing I didnt like about the terror was there was no equalization..

If only I could find a place to buy one, does anyone have any idea of how much one goes for?

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT5C-5W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483559#used

dang thats pricey for such a small amp

but then again if I am going to buy a 1500$ guitar, a 400$ amp is pennies in comparison.

edit::

well after reading reviews, im sold, going to be buying this amp within the next month hopefully, thanks for leading me towards it guys, I really appreciate it.

I just hope I can find somewhere closer to home that sells them, not really looking into paying 70$ shipping :/

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Last edited by glenthemann at Sep 4, 2009,
So I noticed that both the mini stack and the combo are the same price.. Which should I go for?

I dont 100% sure know how stacks work exactly, but if the head is only 5W its not like id be able to plug it into a huge cabinet right? Or does it leave me the option of being able to use a way bigger cabinet?

Like I said theyre the same price, so if there is room to "upgrade" the cabinet on the ministack in the future then I think that is the one I should go for?

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
My singer just picked up a "modded" Tiny Terror he's looking to sell already. Seems as though he played an expensive Orange and wants to pick one of those up instead. PM me if you are interested. The thing is brand new, still sitting with the box. I believe the mod company calls them "Holy Terrors" if you want to Google it. I get cheap shipping so that wouldn't be a problem.
Quote by glenthemann
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT5C-5W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483559#used

dang thats pricey for such a small amp

but then again if I am going to buy a 1500$ guitar, a 400$ amp is pennies in comparison.
/

its cheaper than the tiny terror. and i would suggest you get the half stack, it has a bigger speaker, which means a better sound for high gain, and its just as easy to take around
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by glenthemann
So I noticed that both the mini stack and the combo are the same price.. Which should I go for?

I dont 100% sure know how stacks work exactly, but if the head is only 5W its not like id be able to plug it into a huge cabinet right? Or does it leave me the option of being able to use a way bigger cabinet?

Like I said theyre the same price, so if there is room to "upgrade" the cabinet on the ministack in the future then I think that is the one I should go for?

You can plug it in to whatever cab you want as long as the impedance matches (ohms). From what I know, you wouldn't benefit from putting anything larger on, as it doesn't increase volume. The sound would change depending on the cab, just not any louder.

Just get the combo so you don't have to worry about it lol.
^the halfstack has a better sound though, and theres nothing to worry about, just make sure its always plugged into the cabinet correctly with speaker cable
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I run my HT-5 through a Marshall 4x12 and I like it. Though I'll be getting a 1x12 loaded with a V30 to try in a week or so.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
its cheaper than the tiny terror. and i would suggest you get the half stack, it has a bigger speaker, which means a better sound for high gain, and its just as easy to take around

reallly the tiny is more? damn.

im really tempted, however my cc limit is only 500$ so I need to wait until the exchange rate is just right for $470 to not go over

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
^oh the halfstack costs more than the combo in canada? i see
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
^oh the halfstack costs more than the combo in canada? i see
Canada fails, it really does.

Everything costs 100 dollars (or 10 dollars more if it's a cheaper item not in the tripple digits) more over here then you guys, used market and new.
I'd recommend the Vox Night Train over the Tiny Terror. Much more toneful and less mud IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Canada fails, it really does.

Everything costs 100 dollars (or 10 dollars more if it's a cheaper item not in the tripple digits) more over here then you guys, used market and new.
lol, someone needs to head back to High School and hit up an economics class.

Oh, I never did answer the TS' question. Both Tom Lee and Long & McQuade are Orange dealers, so either will have, or will be able to get, the Tiny Terror.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0

Oh, I never did answer the TS' question. Both Tom Lee and Long & McQuade are Orange dealers, so either will have, or will be able to get, the Tiny Terror.
I have not even attended high school yet.

But you're a vet UG'er, so any arguing against you will lead to my ass being kicked.
Quote by ch0

thanks but it seems the blackstar is way better

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by glenthemann
thanks but it seems the blackstar is way better
After having played both you can check my sig to see my feelings on the subject.
Quote by Marty Friedman