Okay, my mate wants to take up guitar playing, and hes showed me this, which he wants to buy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RALLY-THUNDERBOLT-Heavy-Rock-Electic-Guitar-Flamed-Red_W0QQitemZ300343117770QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item45edd847ca&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I dunno if it's a good. He'd probably play like..Muse style stuff, should I steer him towards Vintage guitars, or would Rally guitars be okay?
I haven't personally played one, but I've heard they are decent guitars. Made in the same factory as Vintage I think, so yeah.

Go out and take him around a guitar shop, and give him a couple of different guitars (like Strat copies, Les Paul copies, you get what I mean) and see what suits him best.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
iv never heard of them, but everyones first guitar isnt very good. it looks ok
yep steer him away from that guitar. good store though going for a look around there tommorow
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 4, 2009,
I've never tried it personally, but I've read from a Singaporean music forum that these babies are very good, and they're better than Epiphones.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
My main electric was my starting guitar, it is an Epiphone les paul standard, either a 1960's neck or a 1970's. I confuse them around, I have 3 les pauls here. If someone can mention which one of those two has the thicker neck my epiphone is that one :L. It was and still is a very good and versatile guitar for beginning and till now. I actually prefer using it over the Gibson Les Paul(the other Les Paul Standard), which is my dads. But that is only because of the neck.
Looks bloody brilliant (lol) I couldn't comment on how it sounds but at a hundred bucks (Or however much the USD equilivant is) I'd go for it.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!