If you could please listen to my two songs on my profile:

1. Invincible

&

2. A Minute Without is an Hour Wasted

I would be honored. I'm not that great at songwriting/soloing/double tracking so if you could please offer me some advice as to how I can improve in each of those I would greatly appreciate it!

Please note all I have for recording is a guitar hero mic
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
For me a song get`s interesting most of the time when the chord progression is in contradicition with the theory. But you have written everything to match in the key or not?
So it doesn`t really do anything to me. Though I like the effects in A Minute....
To get really awesome chord progresions or riff`s. I would advise you to learn the so that you know exactly what shouldn`t be right, so you get awesome combinations.
As for as it`s for me concered, so don`t listen to one fool
just a question i cant hear much doubling, are u sure you not getting confused with layering

Layering: where u will have one section of music then another over the top

Doubling: Recording the exact same section twice to enhance the sound

Either way both the songs sound quiet nice. nicely crafted clean effects the lead could do with some delay to fatten the sound but nice work
Quote by Martindecorum
just a question i cant hear much doubling, are u sure you not getting confused with layering

Layering: where u will have one section of music then another over the top

Doubling: Recording the exact same section twice to enhance the sound

Either way both the songs sound quiet nice. nicely crafted clean effects the lead could do with some delay to fatten the sound but nice work

I doubled, but I lowered the volume about 3db's and panned it farther in a different direction, Im pretty sure I did something wrong then.

EDIT: I think it was around 3-5db's and if I panned a track 33% left, the double would be panned 66% left, idk if thats wrong
Last edited by ~Shred Hero~ at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by MaXiMuse
For me a song get`s interesting most of the time when the chord progression is in contradicition with the theory. But you have written everything to match in the key or not?
So it doesn`t really do anything to me. Though I like the effects in A Minute....
To get really awesome chord progresions or riff`s. I would advise you to learn the so that you know exactly what shouldn`t be right, so you get awesome combinations.
As for as it`s for me concered, so don`t listen to one fool

For invincible I did my best to stay in key, and in a minute without is an hour wasted I kind went out of the scale with the clean bits, I didn't know it was ok to do that, I thought you have to stay in key or it will sound off or something.
Sounding off is what grabs the listeners attention if done tastefully, theory should only be used as a guide it can be broken twisted, manipulated any way possible

and yeah i was just wondering i just couldnt hear the doubling from these piece of **** laptop speakers lol