hey,

i hav an epi les paul special and i want to change the pick ups in it. Its not a great guitar i know but i like it and jus wanna get a betta sound.

I play mostly blues an rock

thanks for any help u can give.
What amp do you have?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Then you shouldn't get new pickups, put the money to an amp fund instead.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
new pickups wont do a thing for u. save the money from the pups and get a new amp.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
yeah good idea. but the pups still aint much good so even with a new amp im still gona want some. i think ill get the amp first tho
The pups are tolerable with eq tweaking on the amp. I have one and can get some decent sounds out of it. I was gonna be buying a new guitar today but im not gonna have the money until october.
You've got absolutely no way of telling what the pickups are like when you're running through a crappy little amp like that.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have played it through better amps, it sounds ok but id like to change the pickups in it. i was thinking of seymour duncan alnico pro 2's.
Quote by iamflipbaby
i have played it through better amps, it sounds ok but id like to change the pickups in it. i was thinking of seymour duncan alnico pro 2's.

Unless you have a really high end amp, do not get these. Not character, they let your amp do the work.

Seriously spending 200 bucks on pickups is not gonna make a difference with your mg, save your a new amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Yeah, amp first. A used Peavey Classic 30 is a good option, as is the Blackstar HT-5 and the Blackheart Little Giant.

I suggest a tube amp for that genre (I'm a solid state guy, but for the most part I'm a metal player).
Pickups later, I'd say a set of Duncan '59s.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by iamflipbaby
don't, transparent, low output pickups are best suited for higher end guitars and amps.
ok so defo get a new amp is the message. Id like to get a valve amp, can anyone reccomend a good one on a budget, say about £300n
http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_windsor_studio.htm
This is always an option, if you want something new.

Look used, I bet you can find a nice JCM800 (not that much gain, but enough for hard rock) combo for cheap.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You can always put in a P90 or a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pup...

That or get a new amp like everybody else suggested
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL