Well I was looking at the Boss Equalizer pedal....doesn't have a whole lot of options on it. Then I saw the Kerry King equalizer but I try to avoid getting signature stuff because I already have the KKV and his signature pickups and I want to be a little more original.

Then I saw the Behringer Ultragraph Pro Equalizer and it looks pretty nice. It has 31 band stereo equalizer.
So here's a link to the boss pedal: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-GE-7-Equalizer-Pedal-100254618-i1124482.gc

The Kerry King Equalizer: http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXR-KFK-1-Kerry-King-Ten-Band-Equalizer-151120-i1124448.gc

The Behringer equalizer: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-FBQ3102-Ultragraph-PRO-EQ-102551009-i1125221.gc
MXR-108 EQ (the regular Version of the Kerry King)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
just generally avoid behringer, their stuff is tone sucking ass bacon.

most people will say MXR 10 band, but theres a clone of it thats cheaper and true bypass, the Biyang 7-band.

i use a BOSS GE-7 with not problems.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
MXR-108 EQ (the regular Version of the Kerry King)

This.

Best EQ I've ever heard/used. So much control over so many frequencies. True tone shaping right there.
The MXR 10-band is the regular version of Kerry King's eq.
BTW, Yoru one lucky SOB to have gotten a KKV.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
If you have the money go for the regular MXR-10 band - the only difference is the KK has a second output jack.

Or, if you're looking for something on the less expensive side then go for the Danelectro Fish and Chips - don't be fooled by its price tag and the fact that its in a plastic housing, it is a great EQ pedal.
Quote by pedroskins
so between the mxr 10 band and the Danelectro Fish which should i get?

Which ever you feel most comfortable spending money on. Like I said, don't be fooled by the Dano's appearance because although it looks like a cheap piece of junk it is actually a very good pedal.

However, if you want something that is more structurally sound and you're willing to spend the extra money go for the MXR. However, a lot of people actually fail to utilize all 10 bands which pretty much makes having a 10 band pointless.

If you can check them out in person then go do that - if not then do as much research on both pedals (read legit reviews, watch demo videos, etc) as you can and form an opinion from there.
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Sep 4, 2009,
I've never bought a Danelectro pedal but...is that little plastic fart exactly "road worthy"?

Also, hows the bypass on those?
-Mike
Quote by HopePoisoned
I've never bought a Danelectro pedal but...is that little plastic fart exactly "road worthy"?

Also, hows the bypass on those?

I have a Danelectro Pastrami OD that I use for a boost - I really don't like the tone but it was given to me for free so I can't really complain. I've put the little thing through hell and back (believe me, I'm not very friendly with my gear lol) and its always held up fine.

The bypass on the Dano pedals, imo, is fine. I've never really noticed it coloring my tone when the pedal was off - I'm not an audiophile though so my word may not be the best to go by.
what about the 6 band mxr one? cheaper and about as roadworthy as a pedal gets
facebook.com/crazymentalchris
youtube.com/chrisprsguitars

come say Hi!
I think i'm going to get the danelectro fish and chips. I have some new mogami cables to buy and an overdrive/distortion pedal so I don't want to dish out like $300 for all that
Quote by pedroskins
I think i'm going to get the danelectro fish and chips. I have some new mogami cables to buy and an overdrive/distortion pedal so I don't want to dish out like $300 for all that

Well the Fish and Chips is an excellent buy. And if you're not happy with the plastic housing you could always buy/build a metal housing for it and just transfer all the components to the new housing.

Also, stay away from the DBX 32-band that someone had mentioned. The average guitar player would be completely lost with an EQ with that many frequency bands.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Well the Fish and Chips is an excellent buy. And if you're not happy with the plastic housing you could always buy/build a metal housing for it and just transfer all the components to the new housing.

Also, stay away from the DBX 32-band that someone had mentioned. The average guitar player would be completely lost with an EQ with that many frequency bands.

lol. I saw that and was: "wtf?!?!"
Quote by pedroskins
lol. I saw that and was: "wtf?!?!"

Would be fine for me, but then again I know what all the frequencies do as I've been recording and mixing using a parametric and 60 band EQs
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Would be fine for me, but then again I know what all the frequencies do as I've been recording and mixing using a parametric and 60 band EQs

Cool. I haven't done any recording or mixing so it's all new to me
Quote by pedroskins
Cool. I haven't done any recording or mixing so it's all new to me

Oh trust me when you do, 10 bands is nowhere near enough, you become a right perfectionist when you start, I've E.qd for hours on end on one snare sound to get it perfect.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
If your looking for a cheap eq, artec has an 8 band eq with true bypass and metal casing for 60 bucks I think. Also comes with tuner

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120463964828&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

EDit: nvm 40 Bucks!
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Last edited by JoePerry4life at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by cliff_em_all
Oh trust me when you do, 10 bands is nowhere near enough, you become a right perfectionist when you start, I've E.qd for hours on end on one snare sound to get it perfect.

+1

WTLTL 2011
I guess I'm the only person here who's not riding on the MXR Eq bandwagon. I did NOT care for the one I tried. I prefered the Boss GE-7 with the sniper mod over every Eq I have tried. It was quiet and didn't tone suck at all.
there's an MXR EQ Bandwagon?

Or is calling something a bandwagon what happens to all gear that a large number of people like/recommend?

How about that fender, bandwagon, eh? screw those fender guys
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
^ lol

Yeah alot people recommending a product isn't bandwagoning, it means its a good product.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Yeah. The 10-band seemed fine to me, but the MXR 6-band gave me a good right pissing off...
-Mike
Cool. I think I'm going with the Danelectro one. I need to get new cables and overdrive pedal, maybe a new hardcase and maybe a wah pedal. but we'll see. How good is the tone on the Danelectro?