Page 1 of 2
A topic that has interested me since I first saw "The Truman Show" and "The Matrix" is that of a synthesized world. It's almost incomprehensible to imagine yourself as the only "real" person in the entire world.

I present to you this scenario. You wake up in a bed in the distant future. They have technology beyond anything we can understand. You are told that your entire life up to this point was a lie. You grew up, or rather your mind grew up in a Computer program simulating the world in the late 20th/early 21rst century. Everything you ever experienced, learned, loved, hated was all an intricate experiment by behavioural scientists.

What do you now do?
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Go on a killing spree...

This time... it's personal.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They better have a nintendo wii
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
pee, something tells me after that long you're going to need to
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by skittle_eater
fap?

+1.

you're obviously gonna have a boner when you wake up
Quote by mindup
Fap with future fleshlight?

Fully automated, cyborg sexbot.

Duh. Screw future fleshlights
I'd say NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! In a really dramatic way!
Id go to work in a pizza place with a girl with only one eye and a mad scientist
bring the music that i like from the fake world into the real

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by funny_page
Id go to work in a pizza place with a girl with only one eye and a mad scientist

The only correct answer here, people, is this.
Scientist: "...and so it was all a lie."
Me: "And I didn't take the blue pill because...?"

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by metallicafan616
bring the music that i like from the fake world into the real

Technically since the simulated world was just a replica of the past all the music that you enjoyed would already exist, it would just be really old.

Fry: * listening to Big Butts by Sir Mixalot *

Leela: "Fry you can't just sit here in dark listening to classical music"

/futurama reference
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
no 1 got my refrence. lame pit lame
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Delete system 32 and destroy the world!
MAHAHAHA

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by wesleyisgay
no 1 got my refrence. lame pit lame

South Park
My guitar build

My gear:
Blackheart Little Giant Combo
Epiphone Les Paul with Rio Grande TX/BBQ pickup set
Little Big Muff
Blues Driver
Isn't the Matrix based off the Allegory of the Cave (by Plato)?

Anyways, I'd go on a wild rampage systematically bringing down their evil system.
Quote by Jaymz_515
Alt + F4

yes
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Find out what the latest Metal genre trend is.

brutal speed tech satan death or something thats even louder
edit: kill the ****ers that did it to me >
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Last edited by Lobyte at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
A topic that has interested me since I first saw "The Truman Show" and "The Matrix" is that of a synthesized world. It's almost incomprehensible to imagine yourself as the only "real" person in the entire world.

I present to you this scenario. You wake up in a bed in the distant future. They have technology beyond anything we can understand. You are told that your entire life up to this point was a lie. You grew up, or rather your mind grew up in a Computer program simulating the world in the late 20th/early 21rst century. Everything you ever experienced, learned, loved, hated was all an intricate experiment by behavioural scientists.

What do you now do?

I beg to differ. It's almost incomprehensible to imagine a world absent of yourself. People are designed to be self-centred to a point, and so it's difficult to see a different perspective entirely because even when you try to empathise with another person you're still doing so with your subconscious, your experiences, your soul for lack of a better word.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I beg to differ. It's almost incomprehensible to imagine a world absent of yourself. People are designed to be self-centred to a point, and so it's difficult to see a different perspective entirely because even when you try to empathise with another person you're still doing so with your subconscious, your experiences, your soul for lack of a better word.

I agree with you that everything you do is centered around yourself in one way or another. But that still doesn't change the fact that it would be nearly impossible for any of us to comprehend something so huge as to be, say, slapped in the face by your brother then to be told that you were never slapped, there was no pain, you don't have a brother..etc. I don't think a normal person could handle that.
Quote by Wikipedia.org
Me: So... everything I remember is... just a lie?
Scientist: Everything.
Me: My childhood best friend is a lie?
Scientist: Yes.
Me: The first book I ever read is a lie?
Scientist: That is correct.
Me: That cake I had yesterday was... a lie?
Scientist: Yes, Danny. The cake is a lie.

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I would probably struggle to cope with the fact that everything I ever loved in my life was an illusion and eventually begin to question the reality of my own being. I would eventually go insane and lose the game.
Quote by madbasslover
I would probably struggle to cope with the fact that everything I ever loved in my life was an illusion and eventually begin to question the reality of my own being. I would eventually go insane and lose the game.

Interesting storry, 1 drawback, you losing the game? You already lost.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
So basically Professor X just put you in the Danger Room for a really long time
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
"Can I play the piano?"

"Yes, I don't see why not ..."