Well due to recent financial problems, I am no longer getting a Rocker 30. Instead I am either going to get a Classic 30 or a VC30.

Both have effects loops and reverb, but the reverb is footswitchable on the Laney, and the effects loop on the Peavey. For this reason I am edging towards the Peavey.

I have tried both, but only the dirty channel on the Peavey. I do like the cleans on the Laney but I like the OD channel on the Peavey more, although I still like the Laney's OD it's just a little too fuzzy.

So basically the only question is whether the Peavey can pull off nice, Frusciante style cleans.

I know the Peavey is popular on these forums so I am hoping someone has experience playing RHCP on the Classic 30.

Sorry for the long question but cheers for reading.
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Well due to recent financial problems, I am no longer getting a Rocker 30. Instead I am either going to get a Classic 30 or a VC30.

Both have effects loops and reverb, but the reverb is footswitchable on the Laney, and the effects loop on the Peavey. For this reason I am edging towards the Peavey.

I have tried both, but only the dirty channel on the Peavey. I do like the cleans on the Laney but I like the OD channel on the Peavey more, although I still like the Laney's OD it's just a little too fuzzy.

So basically the only question is whether the Peavey can pull off nice, Frusciante style cleans.

I know the Peavey is popular on these forums so I am hoping someone has experience playing RHCP on the Classic 30.

Sorry for the long question but cheers for reading.

sorry, that's wrong. The Effects Loop is NOT switchable on the Classic 30.
The footswitch for Classic 30 controls Channel and Reverb.

But yes, the Classic 30 has GREAT cleans.
Not quite Fender Clean (they are the undisputed king of cleans), but very good.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
See what happens when you assume??

On that, the Select Button is the channel, the Effects button is the Reverb...

But I just built my own footswitch. It's a very simple circuit..

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
They can, but it takes more wiring, and I think extra Tubes...and therfore extra $$$

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
The Classic 30 seems like a great choice, but since you're in England maybe the Laney would be cheaper?

I've heard the VC30 is very similar anyway, If I were you I would go try the Classic 30 again if you can and determine how much you like the cleans.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Actually either the Laney prices have risen or the Peavey dropped. Unless a £50 difference is normal. Now I just need to locate the nearest Peavey and Laney dealers lol.

Peavey site isn't working
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Actually either the Laney prices have risen or the Peavey dropped. Unless a £50 difference is normal. Now I just need to locate the nearest Peavey and Laney dealers lol.

Peavey site isn't working

Don't be afraid to look on the used market.

The C30's are built like tanks and last....You should be able to find a good used one..

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Yeah I'm on about to try them again and hopefully A/B them.

Bit hard to go places miles away when you are 14 though. I'll have a look in every music shop in Blackpool next week.