Ive noticed recently when playing my guitar through my peavey vypyr the sound isnt clear, like its coming from deep in the amp or something. Then if i put my finger on the metal knobs or pickup selector, it sounds normal. Is this something that is an easy fix or should i take it to a shop? Not really a good description, but its kind of hard to explain. Any help is appreciated
My Gear:

Peavey T-15

Peavey Vypyr 15w

Unamed "Prarie" Acoustic

GAS List
Agile AL-2000

New England Patriots for 2009 super bowl!
Sounds like you have a loose ground wire somewhere, so when you touch the knob the amp is grouding itself through you.

But I am no electrician so take it for what it is......
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
duct tape. duct tape fix anything
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by srob7001
Sounds like you have a loose ground wire somewhere, so when you touch the knob the amp is grouding itself through you.

But I am no electrician so take it for what it is......

This. I honestly can't remember how to fix it, but you have to solder a wire from somewhere to a metal part of the guitar.

I dunno.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Is it a strat? On my strat the ground wire was soldered to the metal piece in the back. The piece that's screwed to the body and has the springs on it.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Quote by baNG1989
Is it a strat? On my strat the ground wire was soldered to the metal piece in the back. The piece that's screwed to the body and has the springs on it.

This is where mine was as well.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
the ground wire on your pup selector then, just open it and lokk fore a wire that`s come off or a dry solder joint