hey, i'm gonna purchase a new guitar soon, but i don't know what to get. I was thinking
1. Gretsch jet firebird
2. Gibson sg standard
3. American Standard Strat
4. Gibson es-339

I currently play a gibson sg special faded in an ac/dc coverband. Now if i were to get the sg standard i would replace the bridge pickup with an Angus young singature pickup and the neck pickup with a tv jones classic. I was also considering the firebird because malcolm plays on one and i love the sounds that come out of it. Now my band is starting to do some halen, so i'm thinking of getting something with a whammy on it like a strat. Finally, I'm looking at a gibson es 339 because i've always wanted a hollowbody gibson, but I'm to small to play 335 model. Please tell me what i should do soon.
what is your current amp?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Orange Tiny Terror, and I also have an old 30 watt roland gc-405.
Last edited by davesg at Sep 4, 2009,
Maybe spend your money on a better amp?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
If you do Van Halen stuff a vintage trem won't be that what you wan't, you need a Floyd Rose for EVHs tricks. Maybe get an EVH Wolfgang?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
the tv jones has a sound alot like malcolms guitar. I was thinking if i could put both of the pickups into one guitar i could switch between soloing and rhythm
Why do you exactly want a new guitar?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
OK, now please tell me what do you want your guitar to have (specs).
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Its hard to make up my mind about it. I definatelley want something light weight cause I'm not to big. I would like something with a thin, fast neck. I don't know if i want a whammy bar on it, and if i do get one i don't want it to be to obnoxious that would look silly on the guitar like a floyd rose, but i would like something that could do divebombs, which the only other thing i know that can divebomb is a stetsbar. As far as pickups go, I really don't mind, allthough if i get an sg i would like to put the angus young and the tv jones pickups in it. As far as single coil pickups, i don't really mind what kind they are. Sorry if this is hard to follow, but i'm really not sure what i want.
Floyd Rose and Kahler trems are the only options to do divebombs without getting out of tune.
Why do you want to put those Angus signature pickups into your guitar?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
i know this is completely random for this thread but are marshall jackhammer pedals any good.

thanks
You don't need those signature pickups, Angus himself uses the SG's stock pickups. The pickups aren't the way to get his tone.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Apparently the Angus Young pickup nails his sound entirely... That's just what I heard.

I'd get a Gibson Faded Flying V if I was you. You'll get AC/DC and Van Halen tones out of it. Easy. The 496R and 500T pickup combo is amazing.
Not to sound picky, but i don't like the feel of the v, a little to bulky for my size.
Last edited by davesg at Sep 4, 2009,