Ive got an Epiphone les paul custom, and whenever I go past 5 on my Peavey Classic 30, I can't even stop playing a note, because it screeches so bad. Ive tried going into the other room and it still does it. How do I fix this?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Don't go past 5. :P

But seriously: I should try to lower Pre Gain, if you want to go for a louder volume.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Don't go past 5. :P

But seriously: I should try to lower Pre Gain, if you want to go for a louder volume.

BLASPHEMY! I'll try it. I think it will take to much gain away though.

I also believe the problem is in the guitar. Didn't happen with the RR3 I had.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
You need to have the guitar looked at. Most likely its a wiring issue somewhere.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Whats your gain and eq settings? Also maybe the wiring, but some amps, like the crate v18 I had i could not put the volume past 5 if the gain was 5, i'd have to lower it.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I dont think its a guitar issue, the guitar isent making the power, the amp is, and if its fine below 5, and not fine above fine, then either, your running way too much gain for the tubes to handle, or something is wrong with your amp or tubes.
When you say screeches you mean feedback, right? If so, it's normal to a certain degree, but your pups might be microphonic if it happens even at low volumes.
^He said it happened when he was in the other room though.

Try it at the same settings with another guitar and see what happens. I think you either have microphonic pups, or possibly a microphonic preamp tube.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^He said it happened when he was in the other room though.

Try it at the same settings with another guitar and see what happens. I think you either have microphonic pups, or possibly a microphonic preamp tube.

It did it to my friends VOX amp also when he had it. So it must be the guitar? And what does micro phonic mean?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
It did it to my friends VOX amp also when he had it. So it must be the guitar? And what does micro phonic mean?

Not sure on the exact definition, but it means the tube has a leak, or something is misaligned in the tube, so it will screach if its pushed too hard.

Thats odd that its in your guitar, I would take it to a tech, becuase I have no idea.
could it just be regular feedback? especially since it works fine before volume 5?
if so a noise gate/suppressor would help.
different guitars have different pickups (some are more sensitive than others) and some may feedback more than others.
was the volume up high on the vox as well?
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
could it just be regular feedback? especially since it works fine before volume 5?
if so a noise gate/suppressor would help.
different guitars have different pickups (some are more sensitive than others) and some may feedback more than others.
was the volume up high on the vox as well?

Yeah, it was. I really don't think its regular feedback. I can't play at all when it's past 5 because the screeches are so bad. Maybe Ill put a video up.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy