i have a alder body fender tele and im just looking for some advice on how to make this thing a tone giant. 1, i want more warmth and 2 more sustain. point me in the right direction guys. thanks.
I dunno know much about these things cos i dont have enough money when it comes to accesories but maybe an EQ pedal?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
A good amp.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
What amp are you using?

Also, what type of tone are you trying to emulate (throw some band names out there).
rewire if it is a cheaper version.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
i'd suggest changing the bridge. the six piece saddles sound much different than the three piece saddles.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
change the nut to real bone or ivory, change bridge to a graphteck one and put in tele sized hbs
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Get a brass bridge & saddles and drill the body so the strings are anchored in back of the body (if it isn't already). Also, raise the action a little bit. A higher action will give the string more room to vibrate, thus increasing sustain. As far as a thicker tone, I use the tone knob on mine a lot.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Well, I know you said besides pickups, but that is the easiest and biggest way to change / improve tone.

In my american tele I am running kinmann broadcaster pickups and all the caps have been replaced with The Sprague Black Beauty caps, also known as "bumble bee caps". This really changed how the volume and output rolls off. It made a huge difference.

Gives it a more vintage roll off. This will make the gain / od of your amp change drasticly as you roll the volume off your guitar.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
it will sound better if you sand off the "fender" and write "Squier" on it with a crayon and the R backwards.

just kidding of course and im not hating on Squier stuff, I'd buy a Squier tele if it came my way for a good price.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
new pots, capacitors, bridge with brass saddles
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab