Page 1 of 2
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Anybody have an tips on catching an Abra?

put it to sleep
I hope people don't turn in this into a flaming war over the morality of hunting animals...

I don't have a problem with it as long as you kill to eat. killing for fun is a little weird...

i've never hunted before. but i well intend to. Took a hunter safety course a few months back. Some pretty interesting stuff.
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
I'm a pretty avid hunter myself. Squirrel season doesn't start til mid October for me though .

I plan to bag my first turkey this year.. I've never bothered to try before. Bought myself a nice Mossberg 20gauge to do so
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Is that when it finally starts to cool down?

Yeah, pretty much. October 11th I believe is the date.. will have to refer to my 2009-2010 regulation guide.
Quote by Omegamagi
Hunting for fun is for sick fvcks. You have to be a sick individual to kill an unprovoked, defenseless animal.

I have loads of fun shooting, skinning, and butchering unprovoked, defenseless animals.

Because I know how good dinner's gonna be!
WTF!! you shoot Squirrels!!!!! why
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have loads of fun shooting, skinning, and butchering unprovoked, defenseless animals.

Because I know how good dinner's gonna be!

?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I have until like Sept. 15 or 16 here in Michigan, but I'm living on campus at U of M so I don't think the majority of people will appreciate it if I gut a squirrel or rabbit on the side of a path....
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Any of you hunt moose?
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by vinnie-watt5
Any of you hunt moose?

No man but I've always wanted to... I did travel out to Montana once and took a 12 point mulie once though, that was pretty tight...
Gear
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

Moose hunting is awesome

being a native i hunt for meat and it sucks if you get em in the stomach because of the green stinky gas.

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Yeah any gut shot sucks lol... you have to track the thing forever and if that digestive juice gets into the meat it's pretty much ruined
Gear
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

Quote by vinnie-watt5
Moose hunting is awesome

being a native i hunt for meat and it sucks if you get em in the stomach because of the green stinky gas.

what tribe?
im ojibwe myself
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Yeah, shit sack shots suck.
Whoa, alliteration to the 4th.

On that note, heading out for a brief coyote hunt as soon as I'm done posting this.
I'm at the girlfriend's mom's house out in the sticks right now and I just so happened to bring my gun and calls.

brb pit, hunting.
Just got back in. Though it's a full moon, I can't see a fucking thing. Plus they're pretty well done until morning.

First light, I'm out motherfuckers.

Rylan. At least I'm not on a tennis bus.
Last edited by ColdNovembeRain at Sep 5, 2009,
I got my hunting license when I was 12, went hunting a few times in the next couple years, and haven't been hunting in two years or so. The problem is there's nowhere to hunt around here, you have to drive at least 2 or 3 hours to get anywhere.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Just got back in. Though it's a full moon, I can't see a fucking thing. Plus they're pretty well done until morning.

First light, I'm out motherfuckers.

Rylan. At least I'm not on a tennis bus.

I'm only on that bus for one and half months. Shut up
Yaaaa a hunting thread!!!!

i can't shoot a doe this year so i have to get a buck. we hunt in eastern wash st.

u can shoot any whitetail buck, or if its a mule buck it has to be a 3 point or better (i think on the east coast that would be a 6 point, some people count all the points, we just count one side). its getting kinda scarce where we go though, i guess like 10 or 20 years ago there were 10x more deer.

i also might be going elk hunting for the first time.

last year since there weren't alot of bucks, i shot a really big doe and it was great eating. i shot it 150 yrds, in the neck, so the stomach and such was fine. it fell off of a hill, right onto a dirt road, so no long haul.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Okay, at least my dad doesn't rape me when I neglect to tell the truth about my whereabouts.

u guys kill coyotes? do u eat them or is it cuz they kill livestock or something? cuz i only kill what im gonna eat.
In Iowa, we kill them because:

1. They're harmful to the local ecosystem(overpopulated)
2. They harm livestock.
3. It's the biggest game you can hunt with the basic hunting license. Gives people an excuse to crack out the high-powered rifles they can't use on deer.

Coyote is the only thing I hunt that I don't eat. We're basically doing the DNR a favor by killing and disposing of them privately as opposed to at the state's expense. Plus the pelts can sell nicely, given the coyote does not have mange.
Anybody here get anything so far?

I only killed about 4 ducks and a goose. Moose won't come out though.

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Going deer hunting in a few weeks here in Arizona. I got drawn for an any-antlered deer hunt this year and I'm hoping to bag a nice Coues deer.

Also gonna be going out a few times this winter for coyotes with my new AR. Should be a grand time.
Quote by simmy17
put it to sleep

+1
Preferably with a Butterfree, because of it's speed (Drowzee wouldn't work for example).
Also, hunting (especially Trophy hunting) is terrible. You should be ashamed.
i hunt corrupt politician and/or customer enquiry workers who after not helping me at all ask if "theres anything else i can help you with sir?"

*zeros scope and lines up sights on customer enquiry ******
Quote by jimmyled

Except that, you know, I use the meat. And anything else I can.

I'd rather kill my own dinner than hire someone else to.
Quote by jimmyled
+1
Preferably with a Butterfree, because of it's speed (Drowzee wouldn't work for example).

You.
i hunt the greatest game...MAN
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
In Iowa, we kill them because:

1. They're harmful to the local ecosystem(overpopulated)
2. They harm livestock.
3. It's the biggest game you can hunt with the basic hunting license. Gives people an excuse to crack out the high-powered rifles they can't use on deer.

Coyote is the only thing I hunt that I don't eat. We're basically doing the DNR a favor by killing and disposing of them privately as opposed to at the state's expense. Plus the pelts can sell nicely, given the coyote does not have mange.

First two points both apply to humans yet i don't see many people hunting people. Hunters are usually the most hypocritical people if they don't kill for food.
Quote by Zoot Allures
First two points both apply to humans yet i don't see many people hunting people. Hunters are usually the most hypocritical people if they don't kill for food.

I still find hiring someone else to kill your dinner because you won't more hypocritical.

Today's society is too comfortably removed from the dirty work of their dinner.
Page 1 of 2