Blotto are an amazing band from Tokyo, Japan. They've released splits with bands like Ringers, The Measure [sa], Modern Machines and a lot of other great bands. Soundwise, they're pretty similar to bands like Bent Outta Shape, Ringers, Monikers; pretty much any other band that draws influence from Crimpshrine (they even do a sweet "Wake Up" cover!)

I can't find any of their music online to stream, but here are some pretty cool youtube videos to get an idea of their sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nGce2Y8t3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGSFnFAWYtE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq0dyh6W7-A

If you're into it, I'd gladly point you in the direction of some actual recordings to download.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
BLOTTO is the BEST BAND from Japan right now. I'm glad someone is doing these now. There was a while earlier this year where BOTM was getting ignored.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Damn that is good, point me?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Yeah what I've heard from Blotto has always been good. Never really got into them for some reason though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They did an East Coast tour a week or two ago. Wish I coulda gone to a show.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
They did an East Coast tour a week or two ago. Wish I coulda gone to a show.

Yeah, one of the days was on one of the Best Friends Day shows here, so I got to see them play with Strike Anywhere, None More Black, Off With Their Heads, Ringers, No Friends, and Gatorface, all on one show!

Quote by yeahyeah
Damn that is good, point me?

Check your PMs!
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
they played at my friend's wedding on that tour!
Quote by Ska Wars

If you're into it, I'd gladly point you in the direction of some actual recordings to download.

I fit this criteria. PM?

EDIT: Thanks for the PM ska wars!
Last edited by hug a llama at Nov 1, 2009,
Quote by hug a llama
I fit this criteria. PM?

As do I. Incredible band, I'd love a PM.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I just downloaded their split with World Today, awesome stuff! I first heard Blotto on the soundtrack CD that came with the second Snakepit book, they're great.
too bad the Snakepit book isn't.