I only have 150 to spend.

Fender FM 25 DSP Frontman http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-FM-25-DSP-Frontman-Combo-Amp-103576575-i1145521.gc

OR

Line 6 Spider III 30 watt http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944799-i1168995.gc

I'm a advanced beginner/ intermediate player. I need an upgrade from this 15 watt squier. I'm never going to get more than 150 so dont tell me to save up and get an UBER amp. If there is a better choice than these please recommend. I play alot of different stuff from jazz to deathcore lol. It would be preferable if effects were build in.. i dont really do gigs just to uses the effects on my own.
the 15w squier is basically the same as the frontman, i think they make them in the same factories.

the spider III is the biggest rasher of ass-bacon evern.

look at the roland cube or the peavey vypyr. or maybe the Vox VT (VT is best imho)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Get ready to be flamed.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
hes new, spare him a flaming just this once eh guys?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94

look at the roland cube or the peavey vypyr. or maybe the Vox VT (VT is best imho)

Gotta agree, the VT15 is fantastic - but it's 200$ unfortunately. Totally worth it though.
i suggest saving the 150
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
cant be that hard to save an extra 50 bones can it? thats like...£20-30?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I try to be poilite and sincere!

There are 3 great cheap modelling amps that I can think of. The Peavey Vypyr (my personal choice), the Roland Cube, and the Vox Valvetronix. I think you should give all 3 a play at one of the local music stores, and make a choice. The Peavey is very metal, I will say that much.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
If I'm honest, I think you could save more, you won't get much of an upgrade from what you already have otherwise.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Work lol sorry but thanks for the quick response after looking at your suggestions i found i narrowed it down to two. I live extremely close to guitar center and have played on every amp in there. Really. The roland is definetly out. Just i personally dont like it. When i was comparing the peavy and the line 6 i found that the line six to be way more adaptable to jazz. Lastly the vox.... ITS FREAKIN' RAW. I'll jam on that a little more in guitar center but are there effects built in? Thanks for the help
Ok aftwr further research i found that the spider III 75 watt is 199 so from this new choice its spider III 75 viper 30 or vox 30 which one now?
Quote by j0k3rj0k3r
Ok aftwr further research i found that the spider III 75 watt is 199 so from this new choice its spider III 75 viper 30 or vox 30 which one now?

The Spider III 75 Watt is no better than the other spider amps. Just louder. IMO, it's not the worst you could do, but if you can do better in your price range, then why not? I suggest the Vypyr 30, my friend's got it and I think it's excellent for the price. My guitar teacher uses a Roland Cube in his lessons, and I agree that it's good, but not the best. Finally, I haven't used the Vox extensively, but I've heard great things about it. Go for either the Vypyr or the Vox VT.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
The spider III 75 has 250 band and 150 sobg presets along with all the peavy thats why i thought it was better
Quote by j0k3rj0k3r
The spider III 75 has 250 band and 150 sobg presets along with all the peavy thats why i thought it was better

Those presets aren't very realistic in terms of how those bands and songs actually sound. The Vypyr is a much better idea since it models specific amps' clean and dirty channels. It also has much better tone. The Valvetronix has a tube preamp, which colors the tone somewhat in a good way, and is a good sounding amp. I prefer the Vypyr, but the VT is a good option too.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by j0k3rj0k3r
I only have 150 to spend.

Fender FM 25 DSP Frontman http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-FM-25-DSP-Frontman-Combo-Amp-103576575-i1145521.gc

OR

Line 6 Spider III 30 watt http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944799-i1168995.gc

I'm a advanced beginner/ intermediate player. I need an upgrade from this 15 watt squier. I'm never going to get more than 150 so dont tell me to save up and get an UBER amp. If there is a better choice than these please recommend. I play alot of different stuff from jazz to deathcore lol. It would be preferable if effects were build in.. i dont really do gigs just to uses the effects on my own.

DO NOT buy either of those

If you're going to buy an amp then get a Vox VT15 or Vypyr 15.
Play them both and see which you like more

/thread
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Vibro Champ XD or Vox VT.

Saying you can't save up more than $150 is bull****. Mow yards, milk sheep, play on the corner with a beat up acoustic and a hat laying in front of you, wash cars, take out the trash... get the point?
Quote by gregs1020
Saying you can't save up more than $150 is bull****. Mow yards, milk sheep, play on the corner with a beat up acoustic and a hat laying in front of you, wash cars, take out the trash... get the point?

This. I always think this whenever I see people say that they absolutely CANNOT save up more money than whatever tiny amount they have, and they ask for a miracle amp within their price range. Gregs1020 has the balls to say it though.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Yea, I've called bull**** a few times lately. If I can work my ass of so can everyone else.
Quote by gregs1020
Yea, I've called bull**** a few times lately. If I can work my ass of so can everyone else.

Well i make about 300 to 400 a month as a life guard but im saving up for a car before college and 200 is about the max i can spend if i want the car before college..... :lol: and the peavy looks really nice ill try to go to guitar center tomorrow jam on all three line 6 peavy and vox and get back to u guys on the decision thanks for the help guys
Quote by j0k3rj0k3r
Well i make about 300 to 400 a month as a life guard but im saving up for a car before college and 200 is about the max i can spend if i want the car before college..... :lol: and the peavy looks really nice ill try to go to guitar center tomorrow jam on all three line 6 peavy and vox and get back to u guys on the decision thanks for the help guys

I checked them all out between the peavy and the line six 75 i like the line six because the artist and song presets are extremely accurate also the first time i turned on the peavy nothing happened no lights but overAll it was impressive