Alright, I am going to take a long trip to another city in a few hours. I want to take my Shecter, but I only have a classical guitar case. The schecter fits , and all I had to do to balance it was put my chemistry textbook underneath the body. It is a slightly loose fit however. If I were to take it in that case it would be able to jiggle a bit. Also, the trip is about three hours, and other than getting it to and from the car it won't do too much moving.

So my question is, Is this a good idea? or will my guitar be seriously screwed up when I take it out of the case?

Here's some pics if it helps. sorry about my crappy camera.

fill it up with toilet paper and towels to help protect against bumping etc.

also lose the book and put towels in that

just if u want to be sure cuz i think it wont do harm with carrying to the car and from the car
Last edited by wolvenrick at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by wolvenrick

+1, great idea...

but I'd go with towels or clothes like socks/underwear/tshirts (no buttons or zippers)
toilet paper might leave all kinds of lint all over the place..

Kill 2 birds with one stone, save a suitcase....LOL..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by wolvenrick

Why didn't I think of that?

any other suggestions? inb4 slacken the strings. I learned that one the hard way with my previous guitar.
All right. I didn't get rid of the book but I but a towel in between it and the guitar. I need something solid to hold the body up. Not only is the Schecter's body thinner, but classical guitar necks go back from the body at a larger angle than electric guitar necks, so I added a few rags to so that the neck is flush with the neck part of the case. I put rags in the side of the body and headstock to keep the jiggling to a minimum. I also slackened the strings.

EDIT: I have come back and my guitar is fine. Thanks UG.
Last edited by In The Mist at Sep 7, 2009,