So I was watching a band at one of the bars where I play regularly, and I was pretty impressed. The lead singer is a black guy with a Ben Harpurr kind of feel, playing a Martin and doing some pretty neat stuff with a vocal harmonizer. Kind of refreshing, since the only black guys you usually find in Waukesha are the ones with pants halfway down their thighs. So I went over to the bartender to try and get the scoop on my new competition.

She said, "I think he's Jamaican."

I shrugged; he didn't speak with any kind of Caribbean accent, and wasn't playing reggae music at all. Maybe she knew something I didn't.

"He doesn't sound black," she observed. "He's probably Jamaican."

I managed to restrain myself, because this woman gives me free beer and her boss provides me with the closest thing I have right now to a regular paycheck. But my optimism about the human race took a big hit.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan

She said, "I think he's Jamaican."

That's... What.. She.. Said?

Anyway. Cool. Story. Bro.
rac⋅ism
  /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ [rey-siz-uhm]
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i don't see where this thread is going to go.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by PatchworkMan
She said, "I think he's a nigger."
NOW it's racist.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Maybe it's just ignorance, and not racism. But I think we can all agree that speech patterns are not a function of skin color.
Death to Ovation haters!
Maybe she talked to him before the show and he had a Jamaican accent which he doesn't sing with? Either way, that's not racist.
thats not racist...... at all

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Les Paul Ell
THAT is racist enough to give your optimism a big hit?

Man, you should NOT visit Austrailia.

Mate, he's American. They INVENTED racism.

(I love you really, America. I just don't like your racists. I don't like our racists either, so that's OK).
Quote by PatchworkMan

"He doesn't sound black," she observed. "He's probably Jamaican."

I lol'd

Some of you guys, though... He called it "boring true story," what did you expect?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I was at a gas station once here in the good old U-S-of-A, and I gave the guy a little more than i needed so i could get a 5 dollar bill back, and he went off on this tirade about how if you ever did that to a "colored" they would look at you like you were stupid because none of them ever passed basic math or went to school. I was like, damn THAT'S racist.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Minkaro
Mate, he's American. They INVENTED racism.

(I love you really, America. I just don't like your racists. I don't like our racists either, so that's OK).

I know, but ever since America got a black frontman they've seemed a little less racist.
Quote by PatchworkMan
Maybe it's just ignorance, and not racism. But I think we can all agree that speech patterns are not a function of skin color.
This.
LULZ.

Come to Salford.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
when your singing your accent doesn't show the lead singer for parkway drive is australian you couldn't tell when he's singing. And if you think thats racist then im hitler or something.