Poll: When would a sinner be punished?
Poll Options
View poll results: When would a sinner be punished?
During Life
11 25%
After Life
22 50%
Both
11 25%
Voters: 44.
Let me start off by saying that all of the following is hypothetical.

If God exists/existed, if heaven and hell (and Satan) all exist/existed and someone were to commit a sin, will that someone be punished during life, after life or both?

Many people say that bad things happen to you in life, if you don't pray/believe or commit sins (just look at Corey's Minster's last thread). Others say that non believers and sinners go to hell.

What do you think? Would a sinner be punished during or after life?

(Keep in mind, this is HYPOTHETICAL).

Poll coming soon?
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
What do I think?

I think this thread is going nowhere.
Check out my band Disturbed
Well it's pretty much a fact that random occurences like illnesses and stuff happen to anyone. It doesn't matter how religious you are.

That's actually the whole point of a religion, to give people a sense of justice. That no matter how unfair this world is, justice will be served in the next.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Both, because God would be a dick.

If he existed.

Which he doesn't.

Also, kudos for another pen0r poll.
There is a common canon of literature in the Christian tradition which supports the idea that illness in this life is caused by personal sin in this life.
Quote by thedefrockednun
Let me start off by saying that all of the following is hypothetical.

If God exists/existed, if heaven and hell (and Satan) all exist/existed and someone were to commit a sin, will that someone be punished during life, after life or both?

Many people say that bad things happen to you in life, if you don't pray/believe or commit sins (just look at Corey's Minster's last thread). Others say that non believers and sinners go to hell.

What do you think? Would a sinner be punished during or after life?

(Keep in mind, this is HYPOTHETICAL).

Poll coming soon?

well obviously it would be after you die
if we must go with the premise that any god exists, punishment will come after life because there are no gods in this world.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
[religious rant] Us Catholics believe that illness, injury, bad things, etc. is a by-product of sin being present in the world, but that it does not necessarily happen to the person that committed the sin. Kind of a "bad apple ruining the whole bunch" sorta thing. But we believe that punishment in the afterlife will be appropriated according to one's sins and repentence [/religious rant]
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I don't agree with any of their premises but I'd assume after life. Too many wankers live well and too many good people live poorly for it to be during life.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
You've got something wrong. Its not "God" whos doing the punishing.

Goodness gracious me!
If we're going by the christian bible, I think it would be in the afterlife. If it was during life, people wouldn't have a chance to repent or ask forgiveness.

I personally am not sure what I believe and what I don't but I know that it's impossible to accept all of it without question. People who do are just ignorant.
What if you do something bad just before you die? Like killing yourself by driving a bus full of nuns over a cliff. You have to be punished after death. Unless god is all knowing (I'm atheist, so this hypothetical as well) and can punish you before you do it.
That didn't make sense did it?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Sep 4, 2009,