lately, i've been listening to the band Morphine a lot. for those who don't know, its just a drummer, a sax player and a bassist. the kicker is, the bassist plays 2-string slide bass. yes, 2 strings. my question is, will it hurt my bass's neck to remove a couple of strings and play like he does?
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
it shouldn't seasick steve plays a beat up semi hollow body guitar with 3 strings, it might be wise to move the position of the strings to balance the tension on the neck out
It will hurt your art. You shouldn't copy something you admire for being creative or unique. You should let it inspire you to do something equally as creative and unique.
Quote by NorCalLos
It will hurt your art. You shouldn't copy something you admire for being creative or unique. You should let it inspire you to do something equally as creative and unique.

That doesnt hurt u at all.Being able to play a different style is a good thing.Im not saying copy the guy in everything he does and make ur stuff sound like his but if u learn it it just makes that much better of a musician.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Is it possible to play that slide bass style thing with all 4 strings?

this.

if you do it this way, you can play both ways.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Is it possible to play that slide bass style thing with all 4 strings?

As someone who, other than not using a pick, enjoys literally playing bass like a guitarist, I can say from first hand experience, yes, you can. And its actually pretty fun and not nearly as pointless as it sounds.

But I wouldn't remove any strings to do it. That seems a little limiting to me.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.