Ok ive been playing for about 6-7 years and ive always wanted to learn to tap but never really sat down to do it.So then i tried to and my tapping sucks lol.Idk if im doing it wrong or wat but wen i tap it make like a dink noise and the notes dont ring out.I thought maybe it was my action so i lowered the action really low on my epiphone but it didnt seem to help.My main bass is a warwick double buck and the action isnt to high but not to low.Any suggestions?
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
I think you need to tap harder and keep the pressure on the string for a fraction longer. When you pull off, you have to make sure you pluck the string a bit.
Quote by Eddie's'Waitor
I Cum Blood?

warned.

To the TS. Stu Hamm has a few videos out on youtube on how to do this on bass. Worth checking out.
One time I tried recording a bass solo that's all tapped, I tied a rag around the nut to make the sound clearer.
Actually, tapping is the same as on guitar but it requires some more effort and strength on the fingering. The secret is how you remove the finger after the tap... you'll get there!

Regarding Rags on the nut... check a great guitar player called Jennifer Batten (played for JBeck and MJackson) and she's all about tapping and used a "dampener" on the guitar head, not a rag
Quote by The Sharkman
Actually, tapping is the same as on guitar but it requires some more effort and strength on the fingering. The secret is how you remove the finger after the tap... you'll get there!

Regarding Rags on the nut... check a great guitar player called Jennifer Batten (played for JBeck and MJackson) and she's all about tapping and used a "dampener" on the guitar head, not a rag

I can actually tap on a guitar lol cuz i can do eruption tapping but i dont play guitar at all.And thank you anarkee for warning that guy
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
A good song to work on is Stu Hamm's version of moonlight sonata. I actually taught myself playing that first. I'm still no master tapper but that's because i don't put the time in that i should.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
It makes a dink sound?

...Is it possible you're not plugged into an amp and you're hearing the notes created in between your fingers?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.