I don't think it should belong in the Drug Thread itself imo.
If mods see different, close it.

Read an article today,
Just found it fairly interesting and wanted to get some peoples views on this:

SWIM has been on Vicodin-Hydrocodone at 16, stopped after 2 seperate operations.

Started again for generic reasons again about 1.5/2 years ago.

Which Drugs Are Abused?

The most commonly used prescription drugs fall into three classes:

1. Opioids

* Examples: oxycodone (OxyContin), hydrocodone (Vicodin), and meperidine (Demerol)
* Medical uses: Opioids are used to treat pain or relieve coughs or diarrhea.
* How they work: Opioids attach to opioid receptors in the central nervous system (the brain and the spinal cord), preventing the brain from receiving pain messages.

2. Central Nervous System (CNS) Depressants

* Examples: pentobarbital sodium (Nembutal), diazepam (Valium), and alprazolam (Xanax)
* Medical uses: CNS depressants are used to treat anxiety, tension, panic attacks, and sleep disorders.
* How they work: CNS depressants slow down brain activity by increasing the activity of a neurotransmitter called GABA. The result is a drowsy or calming effect.

3. Stimulants

* Examples: methylphenidate (Ritalin) and amphetamine/dextroamphetamine (Adderall)
* Medical uses: Stimulants can be used to treat narcolepsy and ADHD.
* How they work: Stimulants increase brain activity, resulting in greater alertness, attention, and energy.

If it doesn't get closed, gets a good positive non-spam replied thread, I'll update more of this over time.

Have you been addicted? Know anyone?
What are your views on this & the addiction?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by qvchater
who the hell or what the hell is SWIM?

Someone who isn't me. TS, this would get a lot more discussion in the DT I think.
Quote by qvchater
who the hell or what the hell is SWIM?

Someone who isn't me.

A friend of mine had a valium dependency actually. They gave me a few tabs actually as a present once and I can easily see why. It's such a nice drug, we were just talking about this (well, I) in the religion thread.

EDIT: Hey Mark

Get an avatar already.
Last edited by Craigo at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by One on Sunday
Explain why this doesnt belong in the drug thread

Because the DT
-Focuses on recreational drugs, while you can get addicted to prescription drugs without using them recreationally (read: SSRIs).
-Is an ONLY thread, while this discussion, I agree, needs its own opening post with a devoted thread.

Yes, technically, it's a thread about drugs, but I don't think it would get the same discussion or even much attention in the DT.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by One on Sunday
Explain why this doesnt belong in the drug thread

Because I'm not specifically asking about drugs themselves.

I'm asking people on the views they have on Script. Med's, I believe I'd get a wider audience from the general 'Pit' in the forum, since the regulars at the Drug Forum are drug users overall themselves.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do