Page 1 of 3
So I went out to see some friends tonight. I went on my bike. I arrive there, we go to a pizza place, and hour later, I go back to my bike. Or rather, my helmet. Bike's gone. Stolen.

Let me tell you something about my town -- it's tiny. Miniscule. Pop. 8,000. Crime Rate nonexistent. I didn't lock my bike up because it's always been safe, i assumed it would be. Stupid mistake, I know.

But whatever, it's a bike. So I get a ride home, and when I walk into my house bearing bad news, my grandmother is crying. She asks where my bike is, I tell her it was taken, she starts crying harder. I ask her what's wrong, she tells me that my dog is in the hospital and might not come home. He was limping today, and we assumed he just hurt his leg and would be fine. My dad looked at it and there was a hole in his leg. Being the wonderful dog he is, he didn't whine or say anything. He's been my dog since I was 5, he's the best dog ever, and if he died I can't imagine what I'd do. He's just an animal, I know, I know. But he's my animal. And for these two events to happen in one night...

Cool blog, bro.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I'm sorry to hear that.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Dude that sucks, i'd file a report to the cops about your bike.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Unlucky mate. I think this is one case where two wrongs will make a right, everything happens for a reason.
Wow man you have my sympathy

However I have to give the obligatory first response of cool story, bro.
EDIT: No I don't actually
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
This is why I am a misanthrope.
People some times...
You have my sympathies.

Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

Cool blog, bro.

And if anyone posts this they have every right to be slaughtered.
that sucks dude, I mean the bike thing is annoying but the dog thing is just plain ****, I lost my dog recently I hope yours will be alright
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary

I died a little inside when my cat who I'd had for 14 years died at the start of this year.
Still haven't recovered, to be honest.

So I feel your worry.
Hugging Thread pl0x?

I'll give you a anyway.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Thanks guys. I filed a report, the officer just left. She said that without any names or time slot there isn't too much hope. im not that worried about the bike, i can afford to replace that. i cant replace my dog. sorry that im whining to ug about it, i just need to tell someone
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Cool, story, man.

HA!

Yes, i can understand how you feel.

Stuff like that happens, but its not really DIRE.
Its a bike.

As for your dog, it'llbe fine.

time like these, pick up your guitar, go into a dark room with your amp, put some MASSIVE reverb on clean and play your heart out.
That's life man... Still... You're not alone man... Life's been pretty sucky for me too... But I don't wanna seem like I'm competing

I'm sure the bike isn't a big deal. You'll get over that pretty quickly... After all it's replaceable... As for your dog... That's the way the world works... You won't get over the death you'll just learn to live with it... Get a new dog
Aaw man that sucks. Losing a pet never feels good. I´d feel **** if my cat died(yes i eralise that sounds gay)
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

That sucks dude. I'm sorry.
Gear:
1) Fender: MIM Strat- Cream with maple neck + graphite nut + locking tuners + Vintage Noiseless PUs
2) Blackstar: HT-5
3) Rocktron: Banshee
4) Yamaha: FGX730SC electric acoustic
5) Fender: MIM Strat -Lake Placid Blue w/rosewood neck
Sorry to hear about that.

I also live in a small town soo when something big happens usually they get caught because of all the nosy people.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
sorry that im whining to ug about it, i just need to tell someone

Don't worry, I use UG as a place to moan

And that sucks dude, hope everything turns out OK for you

My friend's bike nearly got stolen last week, but she yelled at him until he gave up and dropped it.
Quote by leotus
Get a new dog

Some of us value pets a lot higher than others, would you replace your brother or sister if he/she died?
Because that's what my cat meant to me, because I had her since I was 4. She was one of my best friends.

Don't try to diminish people's emotions.
Don't try to take me out of context... The funny thing about loss is that it can be consoled in unusual ways... For me it is replacing that loss with affection for something else, similar to an addiction. That is how I operate. Sorry for not conforming to your definition of value.

If you read the rest of the post I actually say alot more than that
My dog died a year ago, i just got a Newfie puppy....tons of fun, hes 4 months old super chill and oh so fluffy...plus bigge than my neighbors full grown lab....EERYONE loves a newf.
MOOSE
That's terrible! I've never had my bike stolen, but I know how bad it is to lose your dog.
Here's to hoping it all works out in the end.

dude honestly i feel bad for you, i havent lost a pet yet, my cats 18 so its going to happen sooner or later
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by leotus
Don't try to take me out of context... The funny thing about loss is that it can be consoled in unusual ways... For me it is replacing that loss with affection for something else, similar to an addiction. That is how I operate. Sorry for not conforming to your definition of value.

If you read the rest of the post I actually say alot more than that

Sorry.
I liked your post until that final statement. That just seemed to overshadow it with "You need to get over death, and understand you can just replace the ones you've lost."

Sorry if that's not how you meant it, but that's how it came across to me.
Quote by Actionadmiral
My dog died a year ago, i just got a Newfie puppy....tons of fun, hes 4 months old super chill and oh so fluffy...plus bigge than my neighbors full grown lab....EERYONE loves a newf.

D'awwwwww I love Newfoundlands

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

tbh Kristallnacht was probs a worse night.....

(just trying to be funny. obv.)
Quote by leotus
And to think... I'm welsh too!

I didn't mean offense, I'm just a little drunk and was filled with the memory of my lost best friend. Sorry I took that pain out of you.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Bike's gone. Stolen.
meh, shit happens. try to be more careful about securing your property, but this won't be the last time someone steals something from you.

Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
He's been my dog since I was 5, he's the best dog ever, and if he died I can't imagine what I'd do.
We outlive our pets. That's the way it works. If he recovers, be sure to enjoy whatever time you might have with him. Else, remember him fondly and accept that dogs live shorter lives than we do.

Post a pic of him, if you have one.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by qsceszxdwa
Cool, story, man.

HA!

Yes, i can understand how you feel.

Stuff like that happens, but its not really DIRE.
Its a bike.

As for your dog, it'llbe fine.

time like these, pick up your guitar, go into a dark room with your amp, put some MASSIVE reverb on clean and play your heart out.

No, that's how you become insane, don't ignore you're emotions man, write music, write lyrics, comfort you're grandma. I hope you're dog is Okay. And as for the bike, like you said, it's just a bike.
a little lost.....
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

We outlive our pets. That's the way it works. If he recovers, be sure to enjoy whatever time you might have with him. Else, remember him fondly and accept that dogs live shorter lives than we do.
Post a pic of him, if you have one.

this is him last december with santa claus

again, thank you guys for support. i know i shoudl have put this in the huggin thread or not made a thread at all, but im just an attention ***** like that.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Last edited by SoWrongItsMatt at Sep 4, 2009,
Page 1 of 3