Well I've been looking to get some kind of Les Paul for sometime now, I love my strat but I'm looking for something beefier, and well my explorer is pretty much just for metal, not much versatility with it.

I'm looking at copies, more specifically Edwards, they seem really nice. I've also taken a good look at some cheap Gibsons and a whole bunch of Epiphones.

(By the way, if you know of a good les paul that's say about 700 bucks or less with a 1960's neck than go ahead and recommend it, if you know any les paul that has a 60's neck than the information is valuable, I just really like that neck.)

So I originally thought a JB would be good in the bridge, I've also heard some pretty good stuff about some Dimarzio's but Edwards seems to pretty much run Duncan's.

I was also thinking a '59 in the neck? Or maybe a Jazz?

But one model has a Distortion or Super Distortion, I forgot which, would that be too hot?

I really don't care if its too hot, as long as it isn't voiced for metal specifically and will stay clean.

My rig is pretty well set with the exception of this guitar, check my profile for my gear.

I'd like to play 90's alternative, grunge, post-grunge, that sort of thing.

Think Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Creed, Smashing Pumpkins.

Thanks.

(Sorry for the wall of text.)
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
maybe look at getting a fender telecaster or a replica of one. I dont really like the look of them to be honest but apparently they are a great guitar.
I personally have a schecter which is very versatile, i play blues and jazz all the way to technical death metal.
My suggestion would be to just get an epiphone Les Paul. They're affordable, and really high quality. You can get a great deep full sound out of them, and a good bright sound as well. As far as the stuff you like to play, the guitar doesn't actually matter a whole lot. A Les Paul will definitely do you some good, but Kurt Cobain played on old Fender Mustangs a lot.
You really can't go wrong with the Newer '10 Epi LP Range.
If your going to get one NOW though, try buying second hand, preferably before '01 models.

As for pickups, P-Rails
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I think a JB in the bridge of a Strat would be too much. The JB has a lot of treble and so does the bridge position on the strat, especially without a tone knob, but you could always change that. I think a SD 59 in the bridge would be nice sounding, and leave the singles in the other two so you can still have your quacky, in-between tones.
Quote by fretz86
I think a JB in the bridge of a Strat would be too much. The JB has a lot of treble and so does the bridge position on the strat, especially without a tone knob, but you could always change that. I think a SD 59 in the bridge would be nice sounding, and leave the singles in the other two so you can still have your quacky, in-between tones.

Thanks but I was talking about pups on the Les Paul.

And are the '10 Les Pauls really better than the the '01-'09 versions?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE