I have been fishing through every Blackstar HT-5 thread I could find and I decided to buy the mini-stack. So far I love this thing to death but I have a question.

I have read in a bunch of posts that with a boost this thing can do some damage, and on the clean channel I have tried running my Jekyll and Hyde and it sounds okay, but on the overdrive/distortion channel when I hit the Jekyll and Hyde I hear absolutely no difference. Has anyone else had this issue, or know what I can do about it? I really want to use this amp's full potential and I figure the overdrive on the Jekyll side is good enough to do it.

Thanks
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
I know what you mean. I don't ever really notice a boost doing anything when I'm already playing with the gain turned up pretty high.

But, remember, to use a pedal as a boost you want the gain at zero with the level maxed.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
dude are you tryin to get like a modern metal sound?

im loving mine with a MXR 10 band EQ and my marshall cab,
can go pretty brootle with the right guitar too tbh

Edort: yeah ch0 said good stuff too
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I am not trying to get s00per br00tal with it, but I am trying to get it a bit tighter than it is and get an All that Remains or Devil Wears Prada type tone. Not dead on but in that realm.

Edit: Also I have tried with the drive all the way down and level all the way up, but where do you typically set the tone.
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Last edited by NnjRik at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by BeethovensBust
I actually have the same problem.
I'm thinking that an MXR 10 Band would do wonders.

It does
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
i keep my amp gain at like 9 oclock with my fulltone ocd's level cranked and with just a small amount of gain.

it sounds maybe 5-15% better then when i had the amp gain cranked to max and the mxr 10 band eq gain maxed. aside from some small eq tweaks, i think i have a sound im willing to stick with for along time, at least for the "overdrive" distortion sound.

don't crank the amp gain and use a powerful boost cause it will actually sound worse. try starting with your amp gain at zero with your pedals level maxed, and slowly turn up your amp gain til it sounds right.

it won't do "distortion" distortion without a true distortion pedal. but you're not going for uber brutal so -.0
Quote by SpeedLives
i keep my amp gain at like 9 oclock with my fulltone ocd's level cranked and with just a small amount of gain.

it sounds maybe 5-15% better then when i had the amp gain cranked to max and the mxr 10 band eq gain maxed. aside from some small eq tweaks, i think i have a sound im willing to stick with for along time, at least for the "overdrive" distortion sound.

don't crank the amp gain and use a powerful boost cause it will actually sound worse. try starting with your amp gain at zero with your pedals level maxed, and slowly turn up your amp gain til it sounds right.

it won't do "distortion" distortion without a true distortion pedal. but you're not going for uber brutal so -.0
How do you like the OCD with the HT-5? I'm wanting to pick one up, even though having 4 od/distortion pedals seems excessive.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...