I just moved into a new place, and someone on another floor of this building has an Ibanez RG170. It seems to be in decent shape, but the strings are all off so I haven't been able to test whether it works or not. It's missing the knob for the tone control (though the pot is still there, so no big deal, can still use it). It has an H-S-H configuration, 24 frets, and it looked to be just a hard tail, but I'm not sure because I didn't examine it that closely. I think it said it was made in mexico...

It was dirty as hell, but assuming it works just fine, do you think I should buy it?

He offered it to me for $40 US.
A guitar that cheap is always worth it. If it's not too good you can just use the body or neck for customs, or change pickups, bridge, etc... to get the guitar you want
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
A guitar that cheap is always worth it. If it's not too good you can just use the body or neck for customs, or change pickups, bridge, etc... to get the guitar you want

Exactly.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
40 bucks??? GEDDIT!
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
40 bucks? Buy it. If it doesn't work, you can make it into either a project, or decoration.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
I'm asking about it, just asking if I can throw some strings on it so I can fiddle around with it, make sure there's nothing too wrong with it. It'd be really cool to have a back up like this.
^I don't see why not. Btw, are you in Philly? Because if you won't buy it I definitely will!
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
No way! If you don't buy it, send me a message!
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!