Ok so over the summer I was forced to read Mythology by Edith Hamilton. It was ok (IMHO) but it inspired to out of bored write a collection of myths from after the nuclear holocaust from the point of view of someone who lives after it (i.e. time is measured in A.D., after detonation, and the first years after the bombs were referred to as the Dark ages.) I was also wondering if I do should I use the Fallout universe and expand upon it. So far it'd go like.

The Dark Ages: The Years after the Bombs when the military was still in somewhat power and the streets were filled with injured refugees and the dead. There will be things like the Military mowing down civilians because they're scared ****less and they refugees look like an oncoming horde of zombies, the radiation killing people, and crime being extremely high.

Tales from the West Coast: The first hero being a strnager who shows up at a town and saves it from a plague of mutants and some other stuff like the rise of certain cities and the downfall of the San Francisco camp. (If I use the Fallout Universe, the Story of the rise of the master, Harold, and the Vault Dweller and Chosen One)

Tales from the Midwest: This one will only exist if I use the Fallout Universe. The great trip the Brotherhood takes, and crashes in the Midwest/ bond with people leading to the differing opinions of East and West Brotherhoods.

Tales from the East Coast: The Ghoul child (A mother gets raped and doesn't want her child so she leaves it at the edge of a city of Ghouls and a woman sentient one raises him, travelers who think they're doing good kill all the ghouls and leave him, he hates all people and hunts humans) The Story of Stanley and the Cave beast (If I use Fallout then Deathclaw) The story of the Lone Wanderer, the rise of the Enclave and the Eastern Brotherhood of Steel, and Reilly's Rangers.

Tales from Eurasia: Tales... from Eurasia.

The Prosperity Years: When mankind starts to finally rise above the ashes and rebuild society.

What do you think?

Ok fine... tl;dr A Mythology by Edith Hamilton format collection of stories and myths after the nuclear apocalypse maybe MAYBE using the Fallout universe.
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Last edited by gridlockSG400 at Sep 4, 2009,
worship the sun (from a george carlin standpoint)
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
Stephen King already kinda did that with "The Stand"

Although I would welcome another great Post-Apocalyptic story

get to work, it sounds good to me
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Last edited by RageAgnstUrJaw at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by Davo Ownz
Can you power phrase that please?

Like an open fifth? Ok fine write Mythology format book about apocalypse... almost a serious spoof.

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

So it's a Fallout Fanfic?
Never seen that before
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw
Stephen King already kinda did that with "The Stand"

Although I would welcome another great Post-Apocalyptic story

The stand is about disease and religion... this is more nuclear wastelandy. Also it's a bunch of stories.

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by Cianyx
So it's a Fallout Fanfic?
Never seen that before

I have a bunch of Ideas that don't at all use the Fallout Universe

Edit: Sorry double post.

Quote by Madison Perella

Last edited by gridlockSG400 at Sep 4, 2009,
can i get a tl;dr of the text wal pls?
btw lots of books like that.
if you read alot of sci-fi you'll know that.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Its a cool idea, i like it alot. read the book 'the road' for more ideas. its about a post Apocalyptic time period its very vivid. it should give you some ideas.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
Its a cool idea, i like it alot. read the book 'the road' for more ideas. its about a post Apocalyptic time period its very vivid. it should give you some ideas.

I have... great book. I'm also now reading Alas, Babylon. And thanks.

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by gridlockSG400
The stand is about disease and religion... this is more nuclear wastelandy. Also it's a bunch of stories.

Well it really seems like its blending "The Stand" with his epic "The Dark Tower" series.

But anyway, I should probably just stop being a dick.

The idea sounds like it could be awesome, and I would certainly look forward to reading it.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
it sounds like a great idea, i definitely like the A.D. being translated to after detonation. i dont really read post-apocalyptic books but its little cool things like A.D. that sound really cool. Let me know if u actually write it and get it published.
Kind of like the people in the post nuclear holocaust have about us in the book: The Chrysalids...
Arcane Echo

Just call me Ethan
Quote by madbasslover
I like the idea a lot, but I think setting it in the Fallout universe would take away from it a lot as opposed to coming up with your own universe for the stories.

But I love Harold.

Quote by Madison Perella

make your own universe, dont rip off fallout but let it inspire.
FANFIC IS FAIL!
this idea has been done to death.

people need to get over zombies, vampires, and the apocalypse. theyve all been done from every angle. theres no new ground to be had.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
this idea has been done to death.

people need to get over zombies, vampires, and the apocalypse. theyve all been done from every angle. theres no new ground to be had.

Then what do we right about? Breakfast and tea. No I want some good old world destruction!

And tea. Tea is very good. Especially Earl Grey.

Quote by Madison Perella

Sounds cool, but overdone. What makes your idea stand apart?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Sounds cool, but overdone. What makes your idea stand apart?

It's a collection of short stories from a third person point of view that cover a span of hundreds of years. Most of them are brief and the heroes are treated with reverence and love like a real hero.

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by gridlockSG400
It's a collection of short stories from a third person point of view that cover a span of hundreds of years. Most of them are brief and the heroes are treated with reverence and love like a real hero.

So you're talking creating an entire new mythological universe through a collection of short stories, okay. That sounds more original than I thought.

Have fun world building, it's a blast I've been designing an afterlife off and on for months.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
So you're talking creating an entire new mythological universe through a collection of short stories, okay. That sounds more original than I thought.

Have fun world building, it's a blast I've been designing an afterlife off and on for months.

Exactly it's basically what un-educated civilization would see the world like after the apocalypse... they'd see heroes and villains and gods like the Greeks did. Except now they'd have access to more science and facts that theyd have to make sense of. Also designing an afterlife? Sounds cool.

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by gridlockSG400
But I love Harold.

Everybody loves Harold.

Quote by __Pent__
Everybody loves Harold.

*harold*

How could you njot love that face?

Quote by Madison Perella

sounds heaps like Terry Brooks' The Genesis of Shannara series. Epic, epic series. That author is amazing.
id say drop anything about zombies or mutants. make it realistic and about the downfall of our civilization, the inner primititiveness of man and make the story thought provoking with meaningful charecter development and story. the best stories are about charecters not setting, let the setting be your backdrop (shakespeare did this very well). the best stories, particularly myths are enduring because they are about the human condition.
Sounds cool but don't use the Fallout universe. In some ways it's a little clichéd (although partially that might because they did it first). It's also good to get used to making up your own setting.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde