Mark Morton (the guitarist of Lamb of God) has a signature guitar. It's the Jackson Mark Morton Dominion. Worth like 1500 USD... GUESS WHAT THEY JUST MADE!! The Jackson Mark Morton Dominion II... for 500 USD!!!!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=620657

This is seriously a dream come true, there's a video of Mark demoing it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-bR6y8oDRU

This seriously sounds amazing. But who knows, he may have been paid big time to say good things about this guitar.

Since this is a relatively new guitar, there aren't any reviews. I don't want to find out that it's just some peace of crap knock-off. I'm not expecting something amazing like the actually Dominion, but from the vid, and knowing Jackson, it should be pretty good.

EDIT: If I get this, I'm probably going to change pickups anyways. Yes, the bridge pickup sounds like crap.

Thoughts on this?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Last edited by larrytheguitar at Sep 4, 2009,
^Seconded.
The quilted top is lovely though.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Quote by Damius
that is one ugly guitar

God why does everybody say that haha. I don't think its that ugly.

He will be missed.
Everyone says its ugly for a reason.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
that is one ugly guitar it is like a distorted ibanez
Originally Posted by TeenBite
Pfft, you all with your big shredding solos. I just play pinch harmonics, then play the same note again without a pinch harmonic. Everyone is like "teh fook?!".
.. how about you listen to the vid, not watch it haha. I honestly don't find it ugly, but how does it sounds to you guys?

He will be missed.
Why spend $500 on a guitar with crappy pups when you can get a Schecter Tempest which looks almost exactly the same and is $100 more and is overall better?
to the guys that think its ugly, tell me why?!?!?!
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Why spend $500 on a guitar with crappy pups when you can get a Schecter Tempest which looks almost exactly the same and is $100 more and is overall better?

I don't like Schecters. The necks aren't for me.

No matter what guitar I get, I'm changing the pickups to some Seymour Duncans anyways.

He will be missed.
It's a low end, signature jackson. Signatures already have jacked up prices. It's basically an entry level guitar, but it's mark morton's entry level guitar so it's like 200 dollars more. if you don't like schecter, look at some higher end ltds or jacksons that aren't signatures or aglies or ibanezes
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
It just has an ugly shape.
Like a fat girl with broad shoulders and a muffin top.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Quote by larrytheguitar
I don't like Schecters. The necks aren't for me.

No matter what guitar I get, I'm changing the pickups to some Seymour Duncans anyways.

If you don't like Schecter necks i doubt you'll like the Dominion. I tried the expensive version and the neck is about as thick as a Gibson '59 neck.
it looks like a rounded off Gibson RD. kinda weird. but i like the shape. the neck pickup sounds awful to me, but the bridge sounds pretty decent considering they're stocks on a $500 guitar. wish he had demoed some cleans.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
The Bridge Pickup for this guitar sounds alright, but the Neck Pickup has a very muddy sound to it. It isn't a terrible guitar, but I'm sure you could do better in that price range.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Ouch! I've honestly never heard such a bad tone come from a Boogie in my life. It just looks like a really cheap guitar.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
It's not ugly really, it's different. But I wouldn't go with a signature model, you're paying for the name.

You could get a nice Ibanez for $299. But if you are absolutely sold on Dominion, get it through MF or Guitar Center and try it out for 30-days. Take advantage of their return policy.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
It is a Japanese Jackson- the quality should be pretty good- but it doesn't have any of those classic Jackson shapes.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Its ugly. It looks cheap and sounds horrible. No guitar should sound like that running through a Boogie. I would be embarassed to have my name on something like that. I mean, its good that they are trying to make an affordable version, but you shouldnt cut quality that much.