Okay, so I have an LTD with a Floyd Rose Special on it, and I'm tuning it down to Eb standard as we speak, but I'm getting horrific fret buzz, particularly on the high E-string, second fret. Now, when I had a guitar without the Floyd Rose, I knew how to fix this (adusting the string height on the saddle), but with this floyd rose system in place, it's confusing as ****. So, does anyone know how to make this confounded buzzing stop??
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
i know don't tune it to Eb
Originally Posted by TeenBite
Pfft, you all with your big shredding solos. I just play pinch harmonics, then play the same note again without a pinch harmonic. Everyone is like "teh fook?!".
Quote by pacsabbath25
i know don't tune it to Eb

What if I want to though? It shouldn't be that much of a hassle.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
raise the bridge posts.

the how to, is in the floyd thread top of the page.

if it doesnt work then use thicker strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
did you set up the bridge properly after u tuned it down, or is the bridge now tilted toward the bottom of the guitar?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Ah yes, make sure the bridge is parallel to the guitar body. If the trem is leaning into the body (which I'd presume it would if you tune it down a bit without changing string gauge), you need to loosen the springs a bit. If you open up the back you'll see 2 screws, loosen those. Read the Floyd setup sticky.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.