ive taken interest in songs that use drop c tuning (CGCFAD). ok to the point: what gauge strings are good for drop c? and ive read that some guitars cant take different tunings other than standard (something about pressure on the neck or something like that), how would i know if mine can?
thanks in advance.

EDIT:
wtf is this for?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-Steel-Bar-367274-i1130823.gc
Last edited by clwnz at Sep 4, 2009,
earny ball 10-52
good for chugging but good for lead too
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by customisbetter
11s or 12s will give a pretty normal tension in C STANDARD...

I have even used lower than that and it still is fine. If you can, get 10s, or above, but I have found the strings still have enough tension to play in lower gauges.
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
I've played in drop c with .09's, it feels a little weird, because the strings are soft, but it works.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
That is a SLide that you don't put your finger in. Its a lot more metal and sounds different than a regular slide.

and yes, those strings should do the trick. Note that the 3rd string is wound so it might feel a little different...
Last edited by customisbetter at Sep 4, 2009,
^it's a slide.
And Yeah, I guess they'd work, but for a little value, I got fender super 250's from Musicians friend 3 packs for 10 bucks.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Quote by customisbetter

and yes, those strings should do the trick. Note that the 3rd string is wound so it might feel a little different...

EB beefy slinky's (11's) dont have wound 3rds. i'm using them now and it doesn't. btw, TS, 11's will work great for Drop C. but if you want a little less tension, get EB skinny Top Heavy Bottom.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
EB beefy slinky's (11's) dont have wound 3rds. i'm using them now and it doesn't. btw, TS, 11's will work great for Drop C. but if you want a little less tension, get EB skinny Top Heavy Bottom.

im retarded. i mistook the P for a W ...
Quote by customisbetter
im retarded. i mistook the P for a W ...

its ok they start winding the 3rds at 12'.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i use DR tite fits, feel AMAZING
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I use DR strings. 11s are perfect imo. i used to use 10s which make it easier to sweep and stuff but it's more liable to break than an 11. if you want it really tight use 12s. Good luck man.