anyone ever had something like this happen with a tube combo amp(tubes vibrating slightly out of place)? my Fender Blues Deluxe RI a week ago went from its usual nice chime and warmth to cold sterile and damn near cranked solid state quality! i didnt think the power tubes were going bad sense they're only a few months old and i only gig once a week, 1 day of practice before that.

after a week of thinking...great i have to take it to a tech and i wont see it for a few weeks, out of the clear blue i grabbed the amp and looked at the tubes again and noticed one was almost a half inch lower than the other. pushed up on it and it snapped back into place...now it sounds like its supose to...

the preamp tubes have a piece of foam of some sort that fits around them, can the same thing be purchased for 6L6's?
I don't really have experience with this, but I guess tubes shaking on combos is a common thing, but I've never heard of one coming out.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ChrisBW
I don't really have experience with this, but I guess tubes shaking on combos is a common thing, but I've never heard of one coming out.

well the Blues Deluxe has ALOT of bass, in an open space it seems to even out, but at home the thing vibrates like mad. it wasnt completely out, just about a half inch, but i'd imagine thats enough to screw up the sound i guess?
yup. this is not altogether uncommon. pop it back in and you're basically good to go, but running one tube for a period of time can cause some serious wear, so i'd keep a close eye on it and have a back up pair ready to rock.

don't put anything around your tubes. they'll melt it = bad. and from the sound of things, you play your amp CRANKED (always a good thing in my book), which means those babies are getting some serious juice, and likewise generating some serious heat.
Quote by GrisKy
yup. this is not altogether uncommon. pop it back in and you're basically good to go, but running one tube for a period of time can cause some serious wear, so i'd keep a close eye on it and have a back up pair ready to rock.

don't put anything around your tubes. they'll melt it = bad. and from the sound of things, you play your amp CRANKED (always a good thing in my book), which means those babies are getting some serious juice, and likewise generating some serious heat.

well its a Blues Deluxe sooo..lol...thats cranked for about 2 minutes then i walk away with my eyes feeling like they've been shoved in! will just keep an eye on it, today before i played i used a soft cloth and pushed up on both lightly to make sure they were staying in place. they have clamps but i remember when i first retubed it the last time, the one that was out slightly was a pain to get in there, perhaps originally i didnt insert it 100%.