Please comment and rate. Would perfer commenting on the mp3 page, not this forum. I think i did an OK job. Not as good as Hendrix or Vai, but a good effort. Thanks!!!
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
Quote by Lagunaguitar
Please comment and rate. Would perfer commenting on the mp3 page, not this forum. I think i did an OK job. Not as good as Hendrix or Vai, but a good effort. Thanks!!!

just for future reference please make this kind of thread in either the cover song or original song forum.
It sucks. You either need constant noise for a version like that or define the clarity. You took both routes where strings got muted before going into certain parts but also kept a dirty feel to the song - just didn't mesh well. Either go all grit or pack up your s h i t and clean it up. Overall, outside of the very clean intro splashing right into the distortion (which sounded off-key to me), it was not a bad cover, just a bad rendition.
Quote by acoginthesystem
It sucks. You either need constant noise for a version like that or define the clarity. You took both routes where strings got muted before going into certain parts but also kept a dirty feel to the song - just didn't mesh well. Either go all grit or pack up your s h i t and clean it up. Overall, outside of the very clean intro splashing right into the distortion (which sounded off-key to me), it was not a bad cover, just a bad rendition.

i dont mean to be over defensive but im only 13 and have been playing electric for a little less that 2 years. i thought it would be fun and my gear sucks. but i see ur point. thanks. i will work on it
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system