Page 1 of 3
I'm just curious if any one else gets really mad when they see these humane society commercials? I might be a terrible person, but i have 3 dogs(who i like more than most people) and those humane society commercials make me really angry at people who could do that to an animal. i think that is just the most cowardly thing someone can do - hurt something that cant defend itself. Real tough. On the same note, do you think they should have let Vick play again? I don't. I mean he did it for 6 years. he knew he was doing something wrong and he continued to do it. Sorry, i used thje pit to vent, i just saw one of the commercials and it made me want to cry to see the abused animals and then i got angry and needed to vent. So...opinions?
Yeah it sucks. People are ****ed up.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
cool blog, bro
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
I sometimes get angry that there are organizations who get huge donations for animals while there are organizations who try to feed the hungry and help out human life in any way they can but dont get very big donations.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
obviously if you cried then the ad was effective.

especially because men don't have tear ducts.
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Yeah they all should suffer the same as the animal.

Just a quick note the head of the SPCA just killed it's own dog by leaving it in a locked car for over 4 hours. Not to qualified for that job.
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
like i know most of you have pets. could you imagine just hurting it for no reason?

i agree with halfstack
Last edited by bassman4694 at Sep 4, 2009,
I get angry against the societies himself. I mean, do anti-rape ads show girls getting raped? And the tactics these organizations use are pathetic. Shock value at its best. And a pitbull defenseless?
Anyways, I do know what happened with Vick, and believe that he was just made an example of. Animal cruelty should be at worst, a fineable offense with community service, and people want to have him banned from the NFL?
I don't mean to sound egotistical, but Humans are at the top of the chain, these are just animals, and the fact that they get treated like humans is sad.
i dont think vick should have even gone to prison.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by genghisgandhi
animals dont have emotions, imo. but it takes some kind of (bad) person to beat around something that much weaker than them
btw-i have 1 dog, and 1 cat

So very wrong.
Quote by genghisgandhi
animals dont have emotions, imo.
I'm pretty sure that's not a plausible topic to have an opinion on. Plus, I think it's pretty obvious they do. Their brains are obviously less advanced than ours, but they are definitely capable of having emotions.
-Chick Corea
Quote by genghisgandhi
opinions cant be wrong
Agreed, but... refer to my post.
-Chick Corea
Ah, I hate those ads.

However, people who think Vick should not have been re-instated need to chill out a bit. He did something very wrong, and he admitted it and did the time. Everyone deserves a second chance, so why not give Vick second chance? Protesting outside the games and such is just silly to me.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by genghisgandhi
animals dont have emotions, imo. but it takes some kind of (bad) person to beat around something that much weaker than them
btw-i have 1 dog, and 1 cat

Are you're animals vegetables?

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Can someone explain why it's not ok to beat your dog, but shooting a deer in the face is a fun sport? I've never understood this.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
I'm not an "animal lover" or anything like that, but I think it horrible to kill animals when they didn't do anything in the first place.

I was once watching this video of this market in China where they were skinning dogs or badgers or something alive for their skin to sell. It showed, essentially, these skinless carcasses hung up from hooks. I thought they were dead at first, but then one of the animals lifted its head up and blinked at the camera. Made me feel horrible to be human.
It's not like Michael Vick did something wrong then came out and aplogized. he did it for 6 years and only apologized when he got caught! Any one who has an animal knows that they can feel emotion. and how do you think Michael vick should not have been punished? He held weak and defenseless animals underwater until they drowned, and electrocuted them and hung them, and choked them to death. Oh, wit never mind that's not thhat bad. Let's see how you guys would like it if it happened to you?
athabasca that is the kind of thing im talking about. how could someone possibly do that? that makes me want to cry.
Quote by bassman4694
It's not like Michael Vick did something wrong then came out and aplogized. he did it for 6 years and only apologized when he got caught! Any one who has an animal knows that they can feel emotion. and how do you think Michael vick should not have been punished? He held weak and defenseless animals underwater until they drowned, and electrocuted them and hung them, and choked them to death. Oh, wit never mind that's not thhat bad. Let's see how you guys would like it if it happened to you?

If I was dead, I doubt I'd have an opinion on the matter.
Quote by bassman4694
athabasca that is the kind of thing im talking about. how could someone possibly do that? that makes me want to cry.

Yer people are dicks. If they need the skin fair enough...just kill it and be done with it but don't string it up and then skin it alive.
If an animal can't defend itself then it would have been killed in the wild by a predator - natural selection, etc.

Vick served his time, I don't condone what he did, but there's no reason to deny him from playing in the league.

A lot of animal abuse comes from displacement, a defense mechanism people use. The most common example is say someone gets chewed out by his boss at work, he comes home and takes it out on his dog - a much more vulnerable target which will reduce his anxiety without all the negative repercussions.
Quote by RU Experienced?
If an animal can't defend itself then it would have been killed in the wild by a predator - natural selection, etc.

Vick served his time, I don't condone what he did, but there's no reason to deny him from playing in the league.

A lot of animal abuse comes from displacement, a defense mechanism people use. The most common example is say someone gets chewed out by his boss at work, he comes home and takes it out on his dog - a much more vulnerable target which will reduce his anxiety without all the negative repercussions.

Are you comparing an animal trying to defend itself from a human to the same animal defending itself from its natural predators?
Quote by Fenderhippie69
I sometimes get angry that there are organizations who get huge donations for animals while there are organizations who try to feed the hungry and help out human life in any way they can but dont get very big donations.

Do you have any statistics to substantiate that? If there are any, I'd be willing to bet that the money donated to humanitarian charities far outnumbers the amount donated to anything else. I can't find any statistics though. It'd be interesting to see.

Quote by RentACar
I don't mean to sound egotistical, but Humans are at the top of the chain, these are just animals, and the fact that they get treated like humans is sad.

You're just an animal too.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Quote by damian_91
Are you comparing an animal trying to defend itself from a human to the same animal defending itself from its natural predators?

Yes.

Humans are animals. Humans are predators. Let me know where your confusion lies.

Quote by StewieSwan
Can someone explain why it's not ok to beat your dog, but shooting a deer in the face is a fun sport? I've never understood this.

Presumably because some deer shot to the face results in instant/near instant and painless death whereas beating your dog causes physical and emotional harm.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yes.

Humans are animals. Humans are predators. Let me know where your confusion lies.

You missed the point.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yes.

Your logic is flawed, you're obviously capable of killing many sorts of animals, the difference is that you're not a part of their natural environment, you're not one of its natural predators, and the fact that they can not defend from you doesn't mean you have the right to kill them nor does it mean that you should.
Quote by damian_91
Your logic is flawed, you're obviously capable of killing many sorts of animals, the difference is that you're not a part of their natural environment, you're not one of its natural predators, and the fact that they can not defend from you doesn't mean you have the right to kill them nor does it mean that you should.

We're everything's natural predator.
Quote by blackthought
We're everything's natural predator.

No, we aren't. We can kill every single animal, but we aren't their predators.
Quote by damian_91

So when new animals are introduced to an ecosystem some species will compete, some will die out.

How is this different? We migrated out of Africa into their environment and domesticated/killed some of them. It doesn't matter that we're not a natural predator.

I agree there's no reason to kill them here (for the most part). I understand why in Asia they are killed and eaten. It also depends on the species of dog, because quite a few breeds are more than capable of defending themselves.
Quote by StewieSwan

It has to do with how our culture places dogs above all other animals. This isn't a pointless view, of course: dogs have helped people for thousands of years. Because of this, our society ascribes more value to dogs than to other animals. Cats are held fairly high, too, but not as highly as dogs are, since they're smarter than dogs and aren't going to help people hunt with no reward of their own. They will kill mice and other small animals, though, so they've earned some value.

Deer don't have this privilege, so people think it's okay to kill them for fun.
Quote by RU Experienced?
So when new animals are introduced to an ecosystem some species will compete, some will die out.

How is this different? We migrated out of Africa into their environment and domesticated/killed some of them. It doesn't matter that we're not a natural predator.

I agree there's no reason to kill them here (for the most part). I understand why in Asia they are killed and eaten. It also depends on the species of dog, because quite a few breeds are more than capable of defending themselves.

Go back to your original post. "If they can't defend from us, they can't defend from their natural predators, therefore, blah blah, natural selection". That's not true, and it's not about new animals being introduced into an ecosystem, it's about us invading theirs and killing them just because we can.

edit: and humans are the only animals who kill for fun, that's not predation.
Last edited by damian_91 at Sep 4, 2009,
Page 1 of 3