This is kind of a generic post-hardcore song I made. I don't know, it was just kind of fun making it. Not something I usually write, but it was fun. I incorporated my usual writing style in it at places though, hence the keyboard. But I hope you all enjoy it regardless. C4C as usual.
Attachments:
[UE]notes39.zip
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
That was so generic, yet so good. I don't even care, I thoroughly enjoyed that. The triplet part was too good. I would call this metalcore, really sounds like old-TDWP in parts (especially with the synth [which is used masterfully] backing in sections).

8/10, my only gripe being that most commercial/modern metal bands could have probably came out with something close to this.

Overall: awesome, catchy melodies, but too stock for the genre.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1193948
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Lol I was critiquing your song the same time you were critiquing mine. So were already good! Thanks for the comments!
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
I think the breakdown at 35 could do without the last staccato, because it makes the transition from bar to bar kinda awkward imo. Also, the riff starting at 85 seems incredibly flat, with no high or low points. It's just a big blob to my ears. Also, maybe try a different dischord for the last breakdown, instead of just going back to the 15, 12 one.

Overall I'd say 5/10, since this reminds me of a band I'm not particularly fond of
Thanks for the crit! I really appreciate the bluntness lol. Is there anything else you'd like me to crit since you've already critiqued one of mine already?
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Intro - dislike, since abuse of minor second is a crime to my ears... nothing personal.
Verse - general chugging not to much to say. Add vocals to the mix and it will serve its purpose.
Chorus (or whatever) - pretty big sounding stuff here. The octave riff is nice but generic.
Chugg riff - The return of the dreaded minor second...
Next bit - pretty awesome, but generic
Chugg - Neeh
Chorus - Once again, nice stuff
Synth riff - pretty catchy
Rif***e - I like it, nothing more to say really... good riffs
Nothing new after this...

Still, you abused the minor second (an interval that I usually use as a part of a chord to add some tension to it, not as an interval alone), but that's all a matter of taste and I know it's pretty much a standard interval within the genre. I'd give it 6/10 for the solid melodic riffing though, which is quite good since I'm not fond of -core music.

C4C on my dark metal song? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196528
Quote by xxCHANCExx
Thanks for the crit! I really appreciate the bluntness lol. Is there anything else you'd like me to crit since you've already critiqued one of mine already?

Hahaha not a problem.

And uhm...nothing else until I decide to upload something, so you're free!