i have obtained an rg 7321 for my birthday. But the pickups sound very lousy at the lower b string. So im considering getting new pickups for it. Right now im thinking about paf 7(neck), blaze 7 (neck), dactivator 7(bridge) and x2n 7 (bridge) for dimarzios and invader 7 (bridge) distortion 7 (bridge) and jb 7 (bridge for duncans). Im looking for a smooth warm clean and distrotion. And the bridge pickup should be tight sounding and cruchy. Im just looking for opinions from more experienced users. Please lend your thoughts. You can also suggest your own pickups combination. No active pickups please. Thx guys.
For my RG7321, I put DiMarzio D-Activator 7's in both the neck and bridge positions, and it sounds hella tight.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
I just ordered a D Sonic for my 7 string.

I love the sound, plus the pickup itself is really feckin versatile.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

yea really, i mean i've ordred every solid color by now, but never had the urge for that split look. *I don't get it, tons of herc fede rg's have blue/purple or black/purple.

And when the dimarzio lady said they'd never offered those combinations i was shocked... and confuzzled...
===========================
SMART LIPO MPX UV imaging
A friend of mine is putting an Air Norton and an Evolution (I think) in his S7320.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by littlephil
Crunch Lab and Liquafire. John Petrucci's new Dimarzios.

+1
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro