I'm looking for a portable amp that i can take with me wherever i want, realistically i know its going to be hard to find one that doesn't sound like complete cr@p, but does anybody know of a somewhat decent sounding one by any chance?

thank you
i have a pocket thing by Marshall, i think it's called the MS-2, it's a miniamp that can get pretty loud, clips onto a belt or pocket, and at max volume, it'll sound pretty distorted, but even at just half volume in a room should be fine. if you want something for the stage, i only use like a really small 15 Watt Peavey amp, it's not bad actually, light, has an opening in the back to carry wires and my pedals, it works great for me
Roland Microcube. Thing sounds great, and it's less than 1'x1'.
It can be loud, but sounds great at low volumes too.

NNot mine, but just for comparison to a strat.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Sep 4, 2009,
The Roland Microcube is pretty nice.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
how portable of an amp are you looking for? like a miniature amp like the one stated above or just a small practice amp?
Guitars:
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet w/bigsby

Effects:
Boss tuner
Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive
Proco Rat 2
EH Russian Big Muff Pi
VooDoo Labs Tremolo
EB Volume Pedal Jr
Line6 DL4

Amps:
Hot Rod Deville 410+orange ppc212ob
I'm gonna suggest the Micro Cube. I've tried a bunch of little travel amps and all others are complete ****. Not to say the Micro Cube is awesome, it's just that it's probably the best travel amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Does anybody have an opinion on the Vox cube amp? It's a little more pricey (like 10 bucks) but it has far more effects than the Roland.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
+1 on the MicroCube. I recently picked up a used one and sounds way better than it looks like it should. Especially since it will run on 6 AA batteries. If you don't need the battery option then I'd recommend the Peavey Vypyr 15.