i have a strat with a only 3 options for pick up settings. Is it poosible to get that changed into a 5 way pick up selector
yeah, just solder up the selections to the right spots.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by stevemeow
i have a strat with a only 3 options for pick up settings. Is it poosible to get that changed into a 5 way pick up selector

does your strat have three pups?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
doesn't matter how many pickups there are. there are some 5-way switches on guitars with 2 humbuckers. (Schecter C-1 Classic for example)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
doesn't matter how many pickups there are. there are some 5-way switches on guitars with 2 humbuckers. (Schecter C-1 Classic for example)

next question was going to be, does it have 4 wire pups or not.

cause if it's a strat copy, with 3 way switch it be lower end 2 wire 2 pup...

anyway does matter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
next question was going to be, does it have 4 wire pups or not.

cause if it's a strat copy, with 3 way switch it be lower end 2 wire 2 pup...

anyway does matter.

true, my mistake. i hadn't thought of that. i'm workin on about 4 hours of sleep and have been awake since 6 a.m... too tired to think about wires. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
whatevs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

just a lot of lack of sleep. i'll probably be thinkin better tomorrow morning.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by stevemeow
yea

hey yeah, thanks for all the info.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Actually it doesn't matter if its lowend pups, you can still use the 5 way switch. Single coils don't have to 4 wires because those are there for coil splitting purposes which only apply to humbuckers.

The answer is yes you can put a 5 way switch in. Original strats had a 3 way switch, put players found that by positioning the switch just right, they could get to pickups to sound together and create interested sounds. So fender picked up on that and started adding 5 way switches. You can get the same effect on your strat by putting the lever just right between the positions
Quote by bluekanoodle
Actually it doesn't matter if its lowend pups, you can still use the 5 way switch. Single coils don't have to 4 wires because those are there for coil splitting purposes which only apply to humbuckers.

The answer is yes you can put a 5 way switch in. Original strats had a 3 way switch, put players found that by positioning the switch just right, they could get to pickups to sound together and create interested sounds. So fender picked up on that and started adding 5 way switches. You can get the same effect on your strat by putting the lever just right between the positions

it mattered if it was 2 pups. that's why i asked for more info up there.

if you reread the order of the thread, you'll see.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 5, 2009,