hey guys, im am considering painting up by Dean ML 2.0 into the Rebel Flag Dean Dime played. i have seen a bass with a wammy bar bridge on it, but where can i get one?
i dont ever recall seeing floyd rose products for anything on bass....
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
No, they don't.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by jrsmith_2010
do they make a floyd rose whammy for bass?

As far as I know, there is only 1 Floyd style bass trem in existence, and that wasn't even made by Floyd Rose.

Go with the Kahler. Very nice.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Ya I don't see the point in putting a Floyd on a bass either. Only good for 80's shredders who divebomb on, like, every other note. I don't even see the point of putting one on a guitar that isn't already routed for one. A Kahler will stay in tune quite well if its set up correctly, without the loss of tone from having to cut a chunk out of the thing. In fact, Kahlers are really heavy and have a ton of contact with the body, so unless you have a Badass bridge or similar thing it will probably improve your tone. Follow everything in here and it will stay pretty much in tune no matter what:

http://basstremfanatics.forumotion.net/keeping-it-in-tune-f10/keeping-a-bass-tremolo-in-tune-t19.htm

We get a little off topic, but read through the entire thing. There's some really useful info. And that applies to everyone with a bass trem.
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Kahler trems are much less hassle than FRs anyways.

yup restringing them is a huge pain xD my friennd cant stop moaning why did i buy an Ibanez with a Floyd Rose its pretty funny cause it takes him ages to restring and im finished in like 30min with my bass LOL.

And what would be the point of a whammy on bass, never ever seen it used in a song or im just not paying attention xD
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Razgriz_101
yup restringing them is a huge pain xD my friennd cant stop moaning why did i buy an Ibanez with a Floyd Rose its pretty funny cause it takes him ages to restring and im finished in like 30min with my bass LOL.

And what would be the point of a whammy on bass, never ever seen it used in a song or im just not paying attention xD

Guess you've never listened to Primus or some Victor Wooten then.
Yeah, I saw this guy once that had a whammy, made for a pretty nice solo tool. If I ever get a piccolo bass, I'll put a whammy on it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Guess you've never listened to Primus or some Victor Wooten then.

listened to a lot of Primus in my time just wasnt aware of the bass whammy xD just not a person good at noticing stuff sometimes but thats just one of my quirks.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
sweet guys thanks for all the replys! heres another question, does anyone have a killswitch on their bass? how hard would that be?
Quote by jrsmith_2010
sweet guys thanks for all the replys! heres another question, does anyone have a killswitch on their bass? how hard would that be?

exactly the same as putting one on a guitar
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
exactly the same as putting one on a guitar

yeah it would be pretty easy to do yourself if you have a decent idea of electronics and circuitry.

raz gets an idea for the old P-bass copy that he was gifted xd.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
ok, something else with my ML, like the pickups are starting to rust? its weird, anyone ever heard of this happening?
^yes it does happen. Use some fine steel wool or scotch brite to take the rust off. Then use a bit of clear nail polish to cover the metal.

It happens due to sweat from your hands. Make sure you keep a rag or towel nearby when you play and wipe down your hands and your instrument to avoid this in the future.
Sounds like you're building the bass of my dreams, except mine would be a five-string.

A five-string with a whammy bar and a killswitch.........
*orgasms*
i agree! i would make my ML a 5 string, but they dont have the Dean wings head stock in a 5 string
Quote by Casketcreep
Can I get a semi orgasm then?

By the way, it now has another pick-up on a completely different circuit so I can run it through two amps.

I think I've seen pics of yours on here before; it's an Ibanez, right?
hey bro
If I were you, I'd buy one of the 2400 series Kahlers. You would just have to do top routing with the forward saddle series.
Quote by Casketcreep
It's a gsr200 that I bought for 30 quid second hand, and it was spotless.

The bridge alone cost 5 times as much as the bass did.
I like it; I have an Ibanez GSR190 myself (same thing, but the 200 has active electronics, right?). I've always been jealous whenever I saw pictures of yours; still, I like mine's finish better.
Last edited by herby190 at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
hey bro
If I were you, I'd buy one of the 2400 series Kahlers. You would just have to do top routing with the forward saddle series.

Same with all Kahlers. And the forward saddle one wouldn't fit. Thats why they made the rear facing ones.
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
^why wouldn't the front facing ones fit?

Routing isn't too difficult. I routed the spot for the flat-mounted FR on my EVH frankenstrat by myself...and I have 0 experience in that area. And I know TS has woodworking skills.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Sep 6, 2009,
It just wouldn't. Imagine that the saddles were flipped around, and then moved the bridge back so that the intonation would be correct. Even if you moved the saddles as far back as you could, it would still be hanging off the back. The only difference between the 2410 and the 7410 (hybrid), IIRC, is that the hybrid uses a few aluminum parts, whereas the 2410 is made entirely out of brass.
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP