Thanks, and ya the other thing is a strat with some heavy flanging on it. And ya we thought it sounded like MM a little too. And I'll def check your song out.
Goodness gracious me!
Hey, thanks for critting mine. I must say that your band logo is pretty crazy... Haha. I like the unusual sounds in this song, and the lyrics are pretty cool, too. I think that if it were recorded in a little more high quality way, it would be even better. That one sound you have sounds a lot like that Shins song... I think it's called "Sleeping Lessons." Anyway, I really liked it! Nice work!
Two things that have already been said before:
-your band name and logo may be the coolest thing i've ever seen (okay, not really, but it's pretty damn far up there!)
-your guitar sound is awesome!

other than that, your slightly flat (i think) vocals on the "show me" part seems a little grating at first, but really grew on me the more i listened to the song. The ending was a little abrupt, but that's really all the bad I can say. I like it dude, especially the guitar work (arpeggiated chords and the weird jell-o guitar)
-------

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
hey thanks for listening to mine. i think Tell Me has a nice vibe to it, and the choir voices add an interesting touch. the acoustic riff is beautiful and the strumming is relaxing. The only thing im not sure about is the vocals. they sound a little off, but they kinda work in bob dylan sort of way. overall its a nice song, it i might get used to the vocals after a few more listens. good job for the most part.
I liked the intro, the effect on the guitar gives off a smashing pumpkins kinda feel for some reason.

I would work on the lyrics, maybe a little generic?

Pretty psychedelic too.

A very intriguing piece of music, for sure.

C4C?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21492797#post21492797
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
That effect is awesome!

I'd do something to the vocals to make them "less dry" if you know what I mean. A little more reverb could be good. But I like it, it's very different. I haven't heard too much music like this which is good. I like new styles, and your style seems like a mix with some folk + some indie which makes out for very cool new music.
Very original because of this effect. But IMO, it is too present. I think you should just put it in some places, like a gimmick, instead of having it on almost all tthe track.
Also, I think it's missing arrangements.
But on the other hand, it is pleasant to listen and the vocals are cool.

C4C : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1194758
I thought it was fairly good, though I agree with the effect seeming gimmicky, the only big problem I had was how quiet it was, I turned my computer and Myspace up all the way and could barely hear it :-/
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
**** man, thats the style i listen to, i love this stuff, accoustic mellow stuff. the intro was kinda weird but when you started singing i loved it. its definitly original, keep writing some more tunes liek that. reminds me a bit of radiohead.. not the pshycadelic parts.
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it ALajoie.
Goodness gracious me!
i thought the effect was really cool but then it just kept going. singing was pretty good, a little off at some times. not bad though
I don't have anything new to say, so I'll just repeat everyone else: I loved the flange-thing. It makes this song sound completely trippy. Mixed with the acoustic guitar and some very well done quiet vocals, this song is definitely one that I would put on a relaxing playlist. That said, I would probably never make that playlist since I don't really listen to this style of music, but good job. 4/5
This was really cool.

The electronicy thing was perfect, made your song different, you know, stand out, from others.

The vocals were nice too, they fit it pretty much perfectly.

This is such a happy tune. Haha..

Keep up the good work, listen to mine if you like:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21499782#post21499782
Pretty good man!
I didn't like the effect on the lead to much, but i could just be my prefernce.
I really liked the acoustic and how it flowed with to vocals.
Good song over all man, but I agree with GNRjungle87 the vocals could use a little reverb.
But I'm really diggin your voice, its very calm and relaxed. Great music for chillin', aha.
Gear:
Ibanez GSZ120
Mitchell MD-100S
Roland Cube 60
Boss DD-7
thanks for the crit man. i listend to tell me. i liked the sycidellic style of this./ thr vcoals seema little liad back/held back. i think you could get more into it, but maybe thats just the style. you seem nice. i bet in real life we would get along very good. nice trippy kind of song. reminded me of the velvet underground. good stuff. cetchy infeact. nice finger/hybrid picking. i liked the lyrics. good music to just melt to. i bet this would be ace live at a coffee house. how did you gett that sound in the background. i love it. thanks for the crit again bro.
Quote by chasepalmer
thanks for the crit man. i listend to tell me. i liked the sycidellic style of this./ thr vcoals seema little liad back/held back. i think you could get more into it, but maybe thats just the style. you seem nice. i bet in real life we would get along very good. nice trippy kind of song. reminded me of the velvet underground. good stuff. cetchy infeact. nice finger/hybrid picking. i liked the lyrics. good music to just melt to. i bet this would be ace live at a coffee house. how did you gett that sound in the background. i love it. thanks for the crit again bro.

thanks, the effect is a heavy flanger. what do you guys think about putting a track playing the same thing over it but clean?
Goodness gracious me!