I bought a vt15 like a week and a half ago for 100 bucks used...and it worked perfectly until now.the amp is great and all but its just has no sound when I turn it on for like 40 secs...and then when it starts to sound after the 40 sec.... a minute later theirs no sound. all i see are these flashing lights moving from right to left...help!!! is it the tube?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Please read the rules before you bet banned. Someone who knows a lot about tube amps will be along soon be patient

i hope so
I dont think the tube is out, unless its a couple years old, It could be though. go to the vox website and see if there is an online pdf file or something close so you can read the troobleshooting page of your amps manual.
Last edited by nickdohle at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by nickdohle
I dont think the tube is out, unless its a couple years old, It could be though. go to the vox website and see if there is an online pdf file or something close so you can read the troobleshooting page of your amps manual.

Already checked; no dice.

Google the issue on other forums? If the lights are cycling it's a software thing, not the tube.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by nickdohle

I did that already but nothing worked
do a factory reset
LOYAL?
HARD WORKING?
FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION
Quote by thrasher.
do a factory reset and then still see if you have the problem.

i did the factory reset too
bad cable maybe. or could be the guitar also.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
it could be a problem with the headphone jack.
Last edited by Garlic Owl at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by Garlic Owl
it could be a problem with the headphone jack.

Thanks everyone for your help but its not working...i gotta send it to an amp junkie
Usually when solid states fail, its not economical to fix, no the vt isn't a tube amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
i found out the problem!!! i have four air conditioners running at the same time so there wasnt enough electricity for the amp! i disconnected my brothers so I can rock out!!!
Quote by ACES163
i found out the problem!!! i have four air conditioners running at the same time so there wasnt enough electricity for the amp! i disconnected my brothers so I can rock out!!!

Glad ya fixed the problem, but I feel sorry for your electricity bill!
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60