One. I've started to get a slight decrease in sensation on my left ring/pinky fingers, a sympton of Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. I think it's because of my bass-playing, and I'm wondering if any of you have had a similar experience...

Two. Would a cheap SX Jazz Bass approach a Squier Jazz Bass in terms of quality and tone?

Three. Does anyone know a good place to get a decent amp in Toronto? Or a good place to get any musical stuff? Moving there next month, and I want some advance intel.
1. google?

2. never heard of the brand...

3. just try local music stores, craigslist and buy and sell.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
For Toronto:

Steve's is good. Long & McQuade is also good.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Friends told me about these cheap SX basses; apparently they were pretty good. Basically just P-bass and Jazz Bass copies. I just want to see if anyone here played both these and the Squiers...

Quote by 666Sabbath666
For Toronto:

Steve's is good. Long & McQuade is also good.

Alright, will try to look at that.
SX!?! Avoid it at all costs, it was my first bass and it's a disgusting make.
Go for the Squier
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by flipsnake
Three. Does anyone know a good place to get a decent amp in Toronto? Or a good place to get any musical stuff? Moving there next month, and I want some advance intel.

Being the proud craigist/kijiji ***** that I am, good amps pop up at a decent rate. I saw a GK goldline full stack (head, 410, 115) go for $800 once, which is quite good

Yorkville is huge around Toronto, but I think that they are much more expensive than they are worth. They are loud but pretty average sounding.

Steves is chill, but I don't know how much they have for amps. They leave patch cords lying around and you just plug 'er in.

Long and Mcquade is alright, there's a massive one in Toronto (I think it's the one not near the ROM) that has several stores in one- guitar store, recording store, orchestra store, etc, whatever.
1. First thing that comes to mind is nerve damage, but I'm probably wrong
2. Try playing one, a lot of P and J bass ripoffs are garbage
3. Can't help you there
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
1. I would personally go to a physician/doctor or whatever and have it checked out. Resting when there is pain is way more worth never being able to play at all IMHO.

2. The people at TalkBass seem to think highly of them. Apparently they are pretty good platforms to build off of, but I have no first hand experience with them.

3. Can't help ya.
I can only really help with the first issue. Check you're not playing your bass too low. If your left wrist is at too high an angle, it can cause cubital/carpal tunnel problems. I'm not necessarily saying you need to be wearing the bass under your chin, but the straighter your wrist is, the better.
Warming up properly, flexing your hands/wrists gently to the extremes of their travel is worthwhile. So is buying, and using regularly, some kind of hand exerciser. Personally, I use the silicon egg type; but there are spring types, and even a worn out (and therefore quite soft) tennis ball will do.
If you get swelling, or actual pain, while playing or exercising - STOP. It's time to see a doctor, or a real physio. Not just some knackered old hack who dispenses wisdom on teh netz...

Edit: Nothing wrong with Squier! My Affinity Tele's a star.
Last edited by creepingjesus73 at Sep 5, 2009,
Thanks for the help, guys. I'll keep all of this in mind once I get my spending monies.